Continue or Wait

cdelgado
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:01 am

Continue or Wait

Postby cdelgado » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:11 am

Hello everyone,

First off, thank you for the incredible resource this forum provides. I have not posted mainly because I do not consider myself to be an expert on anything LSAT related, but I come seeking advice. I'll try and keep it brief. I'm sure all of you get asked this question quite often.

Anyway, I'm in my junior year at an okay public university. In August I took my first timed LSAT, before that I had no previous encounters with it. The score was abysmal, and I need a 20 point improvement (the absolute worst was LR.) I believe with some blood, sweat, and tears it's doable. Right now I'm spending 11-15 hours a week on LSAT work and have been since that first timed exam and I am preparing to take the December date.

However, my course load is getting a bit tough. Add a lengthy commute and a part-time job, time is getting shorter. My concern is I will not be prepared enough to take the December exam.

Is it advisable to wait until February? I'm concerned that I will not be able to stretch my study time out until then because I will run out of material (and funds), but I don't want to take this test under prepared.

Any advice, suggestions, previous experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

User avatar
Anaconda
Posts: 610
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: Continue or Wait

Postby Anaconda » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:16 am

Don't rush it, take it when you feel ready. Study some more and see where you end up.

Are you already signed up for December? If you are you have PLENTY of time to take PTs and decide in another month or so.

vstraight
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:44 am

Re: Continue or Wait

Postby vstraight » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:17 am

Junior year?

Plenty of time. I would advise against the Feb just because it's undisclosed but it doesn't really matter much.

You can always take the June one. Even then you can get in your apps as soon as the cycle starts.

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5831
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: Continue or Wait

Postby 2014 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:25 am

Do June. February is not good because the test is never released so you can't go back and figure out/fix your mistakes. December will be in the middle of your finals in all likelihood, so that sucks. Do June, then retake next September if you have to.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: StopLawying, xtremenite and 4 guests