reading lsat silently in your mind vs picture reading style

adam.123

reading lsat silently in your mind vs picture reading style

Postby adam.123 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:42 pm

Hello!
Wondering what would be most effective approach during reading lsat questions, paragraphs, games. When reading, do you actually read those word silently back in your mind? Or do you read by looking at the words as a picture, just look and comprehend? A good example would be, when driving in highway or streets, you will see road signs like, 90 East- take right, All way Stop, school signs, pedestrian walking, slow down. We do not read these signs, we look at them and comprehend them instantly. We do not either read silently in our mind. So, would this work on reading LSAT stuff.
Personally, I have not payed any attention to any of these reading style, and never found myself thinking about these untill recently wanted to boost my reading habits and skills.
Would appreciate your thought on these!

Sandro

Re: reading lsat silently in your mind vs picture reading style

Postby Sandro » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:26 pm

I naturally want to read in my head but have found silent picture works better. Especially in RC.

Hannibal

Postby Hannibal » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:50 pm

Sandro777 wrote:I naturally want to read in my head but have found silent picture works better. Especially in RC.

This. When I try to read it I usually have to restart.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:56 pm

Hannibal wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:I naturally want to read in my head but have found silent picture works better. Especially in RC.

This. When I try to read it I usually have to restart.

Theres just no way you can visually read, think of it in your head, and then store any semblance of it enough to recall. Atleast for me anyways, mental picture is faster. I kind of just record a mini mental video of the passage lol.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”