Effective Group Study

lmperri

Effective Group Study

Postby lmperri » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:28 am

Hey guys - just looking for any advice here. I will be studing with a friend soon after we have each done some personal studying and was wondering if anyone had any good techniques or ideas for making studying in pairs the most effective.

Thanks!

Kabuo

Re: Effective Group Study

Postby Kabuo » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:21 am

My friend and I followed a combination of a bunch of guides on here. We both work full time, so on weekdays we do a single section from some of the 10 lsat books and go over it. On weekends we take full 5 section tests and go over them together. I think it might be kind of demoralizing for your buddy if he's consistently 10 pts or so behind you, so don't be competitive about it at all. Just try to help each other see why your wrong answers are wrong and why your right answers are right; this is easier with a friend in my experience because of their different perspective.

I'd advise that you both go over the bibles independently and then get together and do some sections and full tests. That way you both have a working knowledge of what to look for and can help one another figure out the problems that give you trouble.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”