Any tips to avoid getting sick before the LSAT?

arewhyaen

Any tips to avoid getting sick before the LSAT?

Postby arewhyaen » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:47 am

So as we approach the last few weeks before October 9th, I want to make sure that I'm not sick during the LSAT, not getting over an illness during the LSAT, or beginning to feel an illness during the LSAT. And I will do everything I can to make that happen! Although I know that sometimes getting sick is unavoidable, what kind of things are avoidable to make sure I'm not one of those people whose score takes a 3-5 point hit for being sick? Any supplements to take, places to avoid, things to wear? I live in SoCal, so weather is never a huge issue, although the nights are beginning to get a bit chilly! Mmm, jackets!

odoylerules

Re: Any tips to avoid getting sick before the LSAT?

Postby odoylerules » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:54 am

catch a cold right now, so you'll be healthy in time for the test. its all in the timing

kazu

Postby kazu » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:56 am

Hmm I just did the fairly obvious. Settled into a regular sleep schedule, ate healthily, exercised, didn't drink a lot, washed my hands often, consumed a lot of vitamin c to boost my immune system. I also wanted keep my mental condition stable - I feel like my immune system goes down when I'm depressed - so I planned outings with friends, shopping, movies, manicures etc.

sophia.olive

Postby sophia.olive » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:08 am

odoylerules wrote:catch a cold right now, so you'll be healthy in time for the test. its all in the timing

I always get really excited now when I get sick, have a fight with my SO, or get depressed. Because these kind of things only happen once every one to two months.

mst

Postby mst » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:23 am

kazu wrote:Hmm I just did the fairly obvious. Settled into a regular sleep schedule, ate healthily, exercised, didn't drink a lot, washed my hands often, consumed a lot of vitamin c to boost my immune system. I also wanted keep my mental condition stable - I feel like my immune system goes down when I'm depressed - so I planned outings with friends, shopping, movies, manicures etc.

Stop taking practice tests for the day or so before the test. Let your mind relax. For the week before the test, make sure you fall into a normal sleeping pattern... staying up late two nights before the test is worse than staying up the night before. Eat healthily, but don't eat anything you wouldn't normally eat on test day. Last thing you need is to find out that those two coffees and three granola bars have come together to create a nice surprise in your belly around section 2...

Stay clean, get a decent amount of exercise, stay indoors if its cold, and avoid other people because they'll get you sick. Especially girlfriends, etc. who might sleep in your bed, hold your hands, etc. etc. This is basic stuff. Use the bathroom before the test, drink a NORMAL amount of fluids, enjoy the LSAT!

ALSO, stay mentally healthy. This can be just as bad, if not worse, than actually being sick. Avoid any signifigant drama as much as possible prior to the test. And if it can't be avoided, take plenty of practice tests while dealing with that conflict so that you know how to work past it and focus on the test day. Spending 3 minutes during the LSAT getting sidetracked thinking about how mean your girlfriend or boyfriend is can be MUCH more harmful 30 seconds of sneezing.

Cupidity

Postby Cupidity » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:48 am

Don't sleep with your boyfriend who you know to have the flu two days before the test on the reasoning that you can't possibly become infected within 48 hours, and that sex will be worth suffering the flu after the test.

It will set in that fast, and the second part...well--I guess that depends on who you are dating.

GATORTIM

Postby GATORTIM » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:51 am

Put 2-ply toilet paper on public toilet seats

arewhyaen

Postby arewhyaen » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:55 am

GATORTIM wrote:Put 2-ply toilet paper on public toilet seats

Is it weird and disgusting that I find this to be new advice that I SHOULD have been doing my whole life?

Hedwig

Postby Hedwig » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:28 am

odoylerules wrote:catch a cold right now, so you'll be healthy in time for the test. its all in the timing

LOL yes, do this. Just like me. Then you, too! can be up at 1.30 in the morning because you can't sleep.

sophia.olive

Postby sophia.olive » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:40 am

eit wrote:

LOL yes, do this. Just like me. Then you, too! can be up at 1.30 in the morning because you can't sleep.

are you serious

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:07 am

Don't eat seafood.

Ever.

jfb

Postby jfb » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:31 am

+1 - I've got one right now, should be gone in the next few days and I will be good to go by test day.

NayBoer

Postby NayBoer » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:41 am

Hand sanitizer goes everywhere with me. I haven't gotten sick in a very long time.

Hedwig

Postby Hedwig » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:29 am

sophia.olive wrote:
eit wrote:

are you serious

I'm not sure what you mean. Serious about being up at 1.30? If you mean that's not late to be up, well, if you have to be up by 7.00, it is not a nice time to be awake.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”