Knewton LSAT Vs Atlas. Which is better for the the money??

Melanie1987

Knewton LSAT Vs Atlas. Which is better for the the money??

Postby Melanie1987 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:11 am

Hi Guys

Just wondering which course is better.

LSAT Blog

Re: Knewton LSAT Vs Atlas. Which is better for the the money??

Postby LSAT Blog » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:11 am

They're very different. Knewton is online-only, and Atlas is in-person and online. Are you looking for an in-person class or an online one?

As always, part of the value will depend upon the specific instructor you have, not simply the course itself.

One thing that concerns me about Knewton is that they only offer 4-section practice tests, not 5-section ones (last I heard). Also you have to print out materials (last time I checked), and it seems to me (although I could be wrong about this), that it's not possible to print out every single exam, meaning you have to take some of them on the computer.

A recent thread about using paper vs. computerized PrepTests with Knewton, along with some words from their CEO:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=117710

Postby 2014 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:59 am

Knewton is cheaper and apparently if you do take the tests online they will break down the question types you missed and formulate practice plans for you. While it would kind of suck not to have the paper tests, I personally think the personalized study plan would be worth it. I'm not one to worry too much about emulating test day conditions though and some people really need that aspect of preparation.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:14 am

No need to take 5 section practice tests other than if you are worried about endurance. Better to learn & understand concepts & problem types which can be accomplished better with a 4 section test & using the extra time gained over taking an extra section test to review test answers.

Atlas LSAT Teacher

Postby Atlas LSAT Teacher » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:31 pm

Knewton offers a free trial of their course, as do we. I suggest you try both and see which seems the best fit. Good luck, whatever you do!

Melanie1987

Postby Melanie1987 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:02 am

Really, I tried Knewton's class and think they are so-so, How do I go about trying Atlas? Should I just call the general number?

Thank a bunch you guys.

Atlas LSAT Teacher

Postby Atlas LSAT Teacher » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:51 pm

Yup - the number is on the site. Or you can just sign-up online. There are some preview workshops & trial classes coming up soon. starting up shortly...http://www.atlaslsat.com/lsat-locations ... setmapid=1

I hope it's a good fit for you.

Robert398

Postby Robert398 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:17 am

Atlas Teacher are there a lot of players lately on your LSAT Arcade? At the moment I have the high score for the giftcard on the "Ah-Hah" game.

Atlas LSAT Teacher

Postby Atlas LSAT Teacher » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:24 pm

Yeah, there's a lot of action on the arcade. Nice work - TripleM25 has won the money-maker twice in a row. He's a nice guy, but every champion must fall...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”