Logic Games

Miracle

Logic Games

Postby Miracle » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:17 pm

I'm uncertain if this is common, but I don't have any problems with logic games if I know how to set them up correctly, therefore my biggest problem with logic games is the setup. If I know how to set up the game then I answer all of the questions correctly. If I don't know how to setup the game then I'm out of luck! Any help? Advice?

Jeffort

Re: Logic Games

Postby Jeffort » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:25 pm

Miracle wrote:I'm uncertain if this is common, but I don't have any problems with logic games if I know how to set them up correctly, therefore my biggest problem with logic games is the setup. If I know how to set up the game then I answer all of the questions correctly. If I don't know how to setup the game then I'm out of luck! Any help? Advice?

You're going to have to get more specific than that. Which types of games are giving you the most trouble? Different types of games require creating different types of set-ups in order to make one that will effectively help you answer the questions quickly.

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:38 pm

Jeffort wrote:
Miracle wrote:I'm uncertain if this is common, but I don't have any problems with logic games if I know how to set them up correctly, therefore my biggest problem with logic games is the setup. If I know how to set up the game then I answer all of the questions correctly. If I don't know how to setup the game then I'm out of luck! Any help? Advice?

You're going to have to get more specific than that. Which types of games are giving you the most trouble? Different types of games require creating different types of set-ups in order to make one that will effectively help you answer the questions quickly.

I finished Logic Games Bible, looked at all different types of games but when I approach the games I just can't recognize what I learned. Linear games are the simplest, but when I start playing around with grouping-advanced linear games then I just don't get it. I look up the set up in the book, and then do the inferences on my own-answer all question, and manage to get -0, but without that initial set up help from the book I can't find my way around and I don't know what to do to improve. I reviewed logic games bible and nothing helped. I understand everything in the bible and that's why I'm getting -0, but I don't understand the set-up...

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:59 pm

Miracle wrote:
Jeffort wrote:

I finished Logic Games Bible, looked at all different types of games but when I approach the games I just can't recognize what I learned. Linear games are the simplest, but when I start playing around with grouping-advanced linear games then I just don't get it. I look up the set up in the book, and then do the inferences on my own-answer all question, and manage to get -0, but without that initial set up help from the book I can't find my way around and I don't know what to do to improve. I reviewed logic games bible and nothing helped. I understand everything in the bible and that's why I'm getting -0, but I don't understand the set-up...

If you really do understand everything in the LGB is it a thing where you just totally freeze up, your mind goes blank and you become paralyzed when doing games timed while trying to figure out how to start off and set things up for each one?

decrumpit

Postby decrumpit » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:02 pm

I can't find my way around and I don't know what to do to improve.

The setup is 3/4 the battle. You really don't understand the games if you can't set them up properly.

I would suggest going over the inferences section again, and then practicing to make sure you are exposed to ALL the possibilities.

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:23 pm

decrumpit wrote:
I can't find my way around and I don't know what to do to improve.

The setup is 3/4 the battle. You really don't understand the games if you can't set them up properly.

I would suggest going over the inferences section again, and then practicing to make sure you are exposed to ALL the possibilities.

Well clearly i don't since I can't set them up correctly, but I understand everything else...there is just no point in me going back and re-reading everything that I know..

Ex. Doctor Yamata works only on Mondasy, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. She performs four different activities-lecturing, operating, treating patients, and conducting research., etc.

at first glance I didn't know how to set it up, at second glance i kind of got it but not really, then I looked in the bible for help and was like "ohhhh" how in the world did i not understand that...they i did the questions and got every single question right...its always the set up with me...if i get it i will get if half way through but never complete
ly...and nowhere in the bible does it teach you how to set up the game... so what do i do? smhhh

I know set up in the 3/4 of the battle because without the set up really can't do the questions-literally can't move! that's what happens... if I don't know how to set it up i stare at the paper as soon as i have the setup i start doing the questions and get every question right.

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:28 pm

Jeffort wrote:
Miracle wrote:
Jeffort wrote:

If you really do understand everything in the LGB is it a thing where you just totally freeze up, your mind goes blank and you become paralyzed when doing games timed while trying to figure out how to start off and set things up for each one?

Its been always like this with me...wit the bible everything is perfect i know how to do the inferences, where to look for answers-i always get all of my net laws correct when interpreting the rules, but i can't set it up to get me of the ground.

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:27 pm

:(

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:31 pm

Keep doing LG till it becomes second nature.

Unlike any other section, LG is the most learnable. Repetition can only help you.

The Gentleman

Postby The Gentleman » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:03 pm

Here's some subtle advice for ya OP:

Anyone who does enough games will become more familiar with the various game types. Anyone who becomes more familiar with the various game types will improve both their speed and their accuracy. If one improves both their speed and accuracy, then that person will improve their score on logic games. Joey did not improve his score on logic games.

If the above statements are true, then each one of the following must be true EXCEPT:

a) If Joey improved his speed, then he did not improve his accuracy.
b) If Joey improved his accuracy, then he did not improve his speed.
c) Joey did not do enough games.
d) If Joey did not improve his speed, then he must not have improved his accuracy
e) If one does not become familiar with various types of games, then that person did not do enough games.

Haha but seriously, just keep plugging away at those games OP. It's the only way to get better.

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:07 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:Keep doing LG till it becomes second nature.

Unlike any other section, LG is the most learnable. Repetition can only help you.

but how? I just don't get it! smh i'm so stuck

waxecstatic

Postby waxecstatic » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:13 pm

It's like saying "I don't have any problems with exercising. It's going out and exercising, putting my shoes on, and putting on running clothes I can't do."

waxecstatic

Postby waxecstatic » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:17 pm

Miracle wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:Keep doing LG till it becomes second nature.

but how? I just don't get it! smh i'm so stuck

Treat them how you would a math problem.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:12 pm

Repeat repeat repeat. And repeat some more, and review. I used to be stymied by logic games, and while a hard game can still throw me for a loop, I've found i'm much more comfortable with quickly identifying restrictions and possibilities. I was getting 10+ wrong per section and last few PTs ive been averaging 3 or less.

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:04 am

waxecstatic wrote:

It's like saying "I don't have any problems with exercising. It's going out and exercising, putting my shoes on, and putting on running clothes I can't do."

No, its putting my shoes on, and putting on running clothes thats the problem, not excercising. I can exercise only if i know how to put my shoes, and running clothes on.

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:06 am

Sandro777 wrote:Repeat repeat repeat. And repeat some more, and review. I used to be stymied by logic games, and while a hard game can still throw me for a loop, I've found i'm much more comfortable with quickly identifying restrictions and possibilities. I was getting 10+ wrong per section and last few PTs ive been averaging 3 or less.

Thank you. You give me hope but i'm still concerned. I see no improvment. :(

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”