.

User avatar
egeffin
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:36 pm

.

Postby egeffin » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:49 pm

.
Last edited by egeffin on Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Need to get from 169 to 170's

Postby Knock » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:50 pm

egeffin wrote:Im testing around a 169 right now. I would like to be practicing in the 170's before test day in Oct.

What prep book would you recommend in order for me to make this jump?

I have already gone through the mcgraw hill lsat prep, LR bible, and am half way through the LG bible.


LG Bible is going to give you the biggest boost most likely, depending on how many you are usually missing on each section. How many LG questions do you usually miss a test?

whymeohgodno
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: Need to get from 169 to 170's

Postby whymeohgodno » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:51 pm

Grab a bible and pray?

Honestly if you've gone through LG and LR bible and since the difference between 169 and a 170 is usually only 1-2 questions, I would say it comes down to not making a few stupid mistakes...

User avatar
egeffin
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:36 pm

Re: Need to get from 169 to 170's

Postby egeffin » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:53 pm

Knockglock wrote:
egeffin wrote:Im testing around a 169 right now. I would like to be practicing in the 170's before test day in Oct.

What prep book would you recommend in order for me to make this jump?

I have already gone through the mcgraw hill lsat prep, LR bible, and am half way through the LG bible.


LG Bible is going to give you the biggest boost most likely, depending on how many you are usually missing on each section. How many LG questions do you usually miss a test?


Id say i get anywhere between 2 and 5 wrong a section

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Need to get from 169 to 170's

Postby Knock » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:59 pm

egeffin wrote:
Knockglock wrote:
egeffin wrote:Im testing around a 169 right now. I would like to be practicing in the 170's before test day in Oct.

What prep book would you recommend in order for me to make this jump?

I have already gone through the mcgraw hill lsat prep, LR bible, and am half way through the LG bible.


LG Bible is going to give you the biggest boost most likely, depending on how many you are usually missing on each section. How many LG questions do you usually miss a test?


Id say i get anywhere between 2 and 5 wrong a section


You could easily boost your score by 2 to 5 points then. Drill LG like your life depends on it until your consistently scoring -0.

User avatar
egeffin
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:36 pm

Re: Need to get from 169 to 170's

Postby egeffin » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:07 pm

Knockglock wrote:
egeffin wrote:
Knockglock wrote:
egeffin wrote:Im testing around a 169 right now. I would like to be practicing in the 170's before test day in Oct.

What prep book would you recommend in order for me to make this jump?

I have already gone through the mcgraw hill lsat prep, LR bible, and am half way through the LG bible.


LG Bible is going to give you the biggest boost most likely, depending on how many you are usually missing on each section. How many LG questions do you usually miss a test?


Id say i get anywhere between 2 and 5 wrong a section


You could easily boost your score by 2 to 5 points then. Drill LG like your life depends on it until your consistently scoring -0.


What about that Kaplan lsat 180 book?

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Need to get from 169 to 170's

Postby Knock » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:09 pm

egeffin wrote:
Knockglock wrote:
egeffin wrote:
Knockglock wrote:
LG Bible is going to give you the biggest boost most likely, depending on how many you are usually missing on each section. How many LG questions do you usually miss a test?


Id say i get anywhere between 2 and 5 wrong a section


You could easily boost your score by 2 to 5 points then. Drill LG like your life depends on it until your consistently scoring -0.


What about that Kaplan lsat 180 book?


I have no experience with it, so I can't comment. But I can say that if you haven't finished the Powerscore LG Bible, that is by far the #1 thing you can do, in my opinion, to boost your score from 169 into the 170's.

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Need to get from 169 to 170's

Postby kazu » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:15 pm

Knockglock wrote:I have no experience with it, so I can't comment. But I can say that if you haven't finished the Powerscore LG Bible, that is by far the #1 thing you can do, in my opinion, to boost your score from 169 into the 170's.


+1.

Woopdeedoo
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:53 am

Re: Need to get from 169 to 170's

Postby Woopdeedoo » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:09 pm

I'm in a similar situation, only I'm getting -1 on lg, -4 on lr and -6/7 on rc.

I've read the LR and LG bible, and I've done about 13 PTs. Besides doing a thorough review of all the questions I got wrong, what else can I do to improve on LR and RC? I'm finding it especially difficult to improve on RC

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5831
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: Need to get from 169 to 170's

Postby 2014 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:36 am

Once you finish the LG bible you will have learned all of the techniques that you need to help you, it's just a matter of doing sections to drill them into your head and then tons and tons of PTs. I don't think you need another full study book.

hijodehombre
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:29 pm

Re: Need to get from 169 to 170's

Postby hijodehombre » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:44 am

Woopdeedoo wrote:I'm in a similar situation, only I'm getting -1 on lg, -4 on lr and -6/7 on rc.

I've read the LR and LG bible, and I've done about 13 PTs. Besides doing a thorough review of all the questions I got wrong, what else can I do to improve on LR and RC? I'm finding it especially difficult to improve on RC


viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7240




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests