Considering 3rd LSAT to apply this cycle, Oct or Dec?

things fall apart

Considering 3rd LSAT to apply this cycle, Oct or Dec?

Postby things fall apart » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:44 am

Hey guys I want to reapply in this next cycle after getting waitlisted at my choices. I want to take the LSAT for the third time, but feel the December test leaves me scrambling to apply.

I want to bump my score up a few points targeting the mid 160s(which I occasionally hit). I could try to intensively study for the next 45 days and apply early or wait it out for December. I havent touched any LSAT materials since my last attempt in Sept09.

It seems pretty important to wait since its the third time, but applying late I think really hurt me last cycle as I didnt go complete until late Feb some places due to recommendations trickling in.

Should I intensively study until oct or apply late and go with dec?

whymeohgodno

Re: Considering 3rd LSAT to apply this cycle, Oct or Dec?

Postby whymeohgodno » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:19 am

I think third time is the last time you can take the LSAT?

Anyways I would aim for October if you want to aim for this cycle...but that's just me.

things fall apart

Postby things fall apart » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:26 am

Aim for October, ok, anyone else?

faexylona

Postby faexylona » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:39 pm

As cliche as it sounds, I think that you should do what you think best.

Here are my reasons:
October is around the corner. If you feel like you will do your best on this date, then take the October Lsat; however, if you feel your not going to get that score you want, then take the December. What do you think is best: an early application with a score you don't want or a late application (around December) with a score that you want.

If you decide to choose the December Lsat while you are studying, you can slowly build your application form. For example, send emails or talk to your professors this week about recommendation letters. Brainstorm your personal statement. Begin or revise your resume. By the time December comes, your application will only need your LSAT score.

Do not feel too pressure, think of what is best for you and remember to just study hard. Good Luck :)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”