Too late to start studying for Oct LSAT?

mcnally

Too late to start studying for Oct LSAT?

Postby mcnally » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:40 pm

Hi guys,

I understand that starting to study now for the Oct LSATs is not a god idea, but I had other circumstances preventing me from beginning earlier. Is it possible and plausible to begin studying for the LSATs now? I took a diagnostic test recently after a year of pretty much not using my brain and scored a 153. I’m trying to aim for a 165 or better. Is it better to start cramming now and try my best for Oct? I’m also working full time if that matters. Or would it be better to try to aim for December? It would be my hope to apply for law school for fall 2011.

Thanks in advance for all your help and advice.

3|ink

Re: Too late to start studying for Oct LSAT?

Postby 3|ink » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:31 pm

December.

StrictlyLiable

Postby StrictlyLiable » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:47 pm

3|ink wrote:December.

At least

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:59 pm

But if you take December, your applications would be pretty late in the admissions cycle for fall 2011.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:03 pm

hypothalamus wrote:But if you take December, your applications would be pretty late in the admissions cycle for fall 2011.

You can send your apps in before you take the actual LSAT which should mitigate some of the lateness. And Dec. isn't really that late anyways.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:04 pm

rad law wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:But if you take December, your applications would be pretty late in the admissions cycle for fall 2011.

You can send your apps in before you take the actual LSAT which should mitigate some of the lateness. And Dec. isn't really that late anyways.

Even if you couldn't, it's better to apply late than to apply with a crappy score.

revolution724

Postby revolution724 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:08 pm

I studied for two weeks. YMMV.

Edit: Okay, you -are- starting pretty low. Here's something perhaps worth investigating - some schools average your LSAT scores and some take your highest score. If you know where you'd like to apply, find out what their policy is. If it's to take your highest score, I'd say consider taking it in October and then again in December if you don't like your score. I also applied late in the cycle (February) and got in everywhere my numbers said I would, so while this board's advice may have general validity, they're by no means absolute truths.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”