Reading Comp trouble

boogie with stu

Reading Comp trouble

Postby boogie with stu » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:26 pm

Since i have been practicing reading comprehension, my scores have been inconsistent. I recently took 8 RC sections and my scores were: -3,-4,-6,-11,-4,-1,-7,-1. My method has been to read the passage somewhat quickly and get the main idea and structure and go back for details. I am really looking to keep that -1 consistent, so what do you recommend I do? Should i just keep practicing and I'll get better or should i search for a new method?

3|ink

Re: Reading Comp trouble

Postby 3|ink » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:29 pm

boogie with stu wrote:Since i have been practicing reading comprehension, my scores have been inconsistent. I recently took 8 RC sections and my scores were: -3,-4,-6,-11,-4,-1,-7,-1. My method has been to read the passage somewhat quickly and get the main idea and structure and go back for details. I am really looking to keep that -1 consistent, so what do you recommend I do? Should i just keep practicing and I'll get better or should i search for a new method?

I have almost the same strategy, except I make time to notate every time I see a party with an opinion. I never actually look back that notation. However, the act of seeking things to notate keeps me on my toes. They frequently try to subtly slip things past you.

Anyway, they're asking way more 'position' questions these days than in the past. That's why it's important to keep track of all parties with opinions.

boogie with stu

Postby boogie with stu » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:19 pm

most recently another -7

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:23 pm

boogie with stu wrote:most recently another -7

What do the bulk of those missed questions consist of?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”