Logical Reasoning Rant

Nulli Secundus

Logical Reasoning Rant

Postby Nulli Secundus » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:26 am

I am pissed atm, because even though my LG and RC are always between -0 and -2, my LR total is usually between -6 and -9, dooming me to low to mid 170s, depending on the combination. Way to fail at improving!! GRRRR!! I skim-read LRB, should I focus some more on that or what? :x :x :evil: :evil:

casper13

Re: Logical Reasoning Rant

Postby casper13 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:35 am

look at ehat types specifically you are missing, it is usually a certain type in LR most people will miss or a couple types. Look over your old tests, narrow down the types you are missing then refocus in LRB with those types and find a bunch of em in the other tests and do them and figure out why you get em wrong and right

BeachedBrit

Postby BeachedBrit » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:17 pm

Use the spreadsheet found here: http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2009/06/ls ... sheet.html
to figure out what questions you are most inaccurate on both by percentage and #. For instance when I checked last week I was most inaccurate by number on "must be true/most supported" but not by percentage because they are more frequent than the flaw in reasoning which I missed a higher percentage of.

Then if you are fairly inaccurate on a common type of question go back and carefully read and re-read that chapter of the LRB and do a bunch of practice problems of that type to see if it has helped. If you are only low accuracy on uncommon questions obviously start with the type you are least accurate on by percentage.

In my experience the LRB is much more helpful when struggling with a particular question type and going back to carefully read it than it was just reading through the entire thing and doing a few practice problems of each type. Also some question types like "flaw in reasoning" are based on other types, in this case "method of reasoning." If that is the case for your weak areas be sure to briefly read through the concepts of the base chapter first.

gdane

Postby gdane » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:57 pm

nullisecundus wrote:I am pissed atm, because even though my LG and RC are always between -0 and -2, my LR total is usually between -6 and -9, dooming me to low to mid 170s, depending on the combination. Way to fail at improving!! GRRRR!! I skim-read LRB, should I focus some more on that or what? :x :x :evil: :evil:

Get f*cking serious! This is like complaining that "Ohh, I'm only making $10 million a year".

I understand that you're probably aiming high and I congratulate you for being able to do so well at this point in time, but realize and understand that youre doing pretty well right now and that you'll more than likely improve.

Good luck!

skoobily doobily

Postby skoobily doobily » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:59 pm

nullisecundus wrote:I am pissed atm, because even though my LG and RC are always between -0 and -2, my LR total is usually between -6 and -9, dooming me to low to mid 170s, depending on the combination. Way to fail at improving!! GRRRR!! I skim-read LRB, should I focus some more on that or what? :x :x :evil: :evil:

May God have mercy on your poor soul.

nStiver

Postby nStiver » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:02 pm

God, you are missing 3 questions per logical reasoning section? Have you considered the fact that you may have some mild retardation going on? I have never heard of such a poor score. :roll:

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”