All three bibles

cccZillo

All three bibles

Postby cccZillo » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:45 am

So I have all three bibles to guide me as I study for the October retake. What's the best way to attack this: a little bit from each book at a time, or finish one bible and move on to the next? As is so often the case, I'm guessing this is just a matter of personal preference, but I was wondering if anyone had some advice.

(For what it's worth, I scored a 169 the first time around and am looking to tack on 3 or 4 points, so I don't have any major breakthroughs I need to make)

Thanks for the help.

kazu

Re: All three bibles

Postby kazu » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:49 am

I didn't do the RC bible, but for LG and LR I did both together. (alternating between 1~2 chapters LR & 1~2 chapters LG). I finished the LG book earlier though, and after I finished I started doing actual sections/PTs.

Hope this helps :)

arean.ryan

Postby arean.ryan » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:53 am

kazu wrote:I didn't do the RC bible, but for LG and LR I did both together. (alternating between 1~2 chapters LR & 1~2 chapters LG). I finished the LG book earlier though, and after I finished I started doing actual sections/PTs.

Roughly how many hours a day/days a week were you reading using these techniques? How long did it take you to finish?

Hedwig

Postby Hedwig » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:03 am

I didn't use the RC Bible, but I raced through LGB and LRG separately. I'd do them separately.

kazu

Postby kazu » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:10 am

arean.ryan wrote:
kazu wrote:I didn't do the RC bible, but for LG and LR I did both together. (alternating between 1~2 chapters LR & 1~2 chapters LG). I finished the LG book earlier though, and after I finished I started doing actual sections/PTs.

Roughly how many hours a day/days a week were you reading using these techniques? How long did it take you to finish?

I finished LGB in 2 weeks, LRB took a bit longer. I did them alternate days - something like games on mon/wed/fri, lr on tue/thurs/sat, whatever I felt like I needed to do on Sunday. Once I finished the LGB I started doing sections on those days instead.

ArchRoark

Postby ArchRoark » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:49 am

Personally I did LR---> LG bible... no particular reason, it was just the order I bought them in.

Never did RC bible

sgtgrumbles

Postby sgtgrumbles » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:08 am

I did LGB all the way through, then started on LRB, which I'm working through now.

LSU Undergrad

Postby LSU Undergrad » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:56 pm

I did logic bible first all at once and I have been doing the LR bible piecemeal for about 2 months now (on page 475 or so). I read the RC bible in between the two, but I really didn't get much benefit from it. Basically there are about 40 pages in there that are worth your time.

It seems to be working well for me.

arean.ryan

Postby arean.ryan » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:13 am

kazu wrote:I finished LGB in 2 weeks, LRB took a bit longer. I did them alternate days - something like games on mon/wed/fri, lr on tue/thurs/sat, whatever I felt like I needed to do on Sunday. Once I finished the LGB I started doing sections on those days instead.

you think I got knock out the LGB and LRB in 4 weeks at 6 hours a day?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”