Testmasters course vs. Powerscore Bibles

Testmasters vs. Logic Games Bible?

Take the Testmasters class! You don't have to pay!
55%
Logic Games are you're only glaring weakness. Stick with LGB!
45%

Total votes: 11

Eric475

Testmasters course vs. Powerscore Bibles

Postby Eric475 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:37 am

Here's the situation: I haven't done a whole lot of prep yet, But my full-time job just ended and I am now free for this month until i go back to school for my senior year. Ideally, I'd like to go to law school right after my senior year.

In June, I took a cold diagnostic from Kaplan (PrepTest 36) and scored a 159. The breakdown went like this:
Logical Reasoning: 79% correct - most of my wrong answers were on "principle" type questions and some paradox/parallels.
Reading Comprehension: 88% correct (only 3 wrong, really not much to improve here except reading a bit faster).
Logic games: 39% Correct

As you can tell, logic games are clearly where I lost most of my points. I'm just beginning to start the Logic Games Bible, but so far I find myself very frustrated.

My parents have offered to pay for a Testmasters class. The problem is, it starts tomorrow, so I can't figure out if the LGB will eventually click with me. Seeing as most of my trouble is Logic Games, would i be well-served to take the testmasters class, or would it not be worth it?

WIth a diagnostic of 159, and most of my incorrect problems in logic games (which everyone says is the easiest to learn), my goal is a 170-175, which I know IS doable.

So what do you guys think? Stick it out with the Logic Games Bible, or take the class?

Edit: Sidebar question - How well do the logic games methods in the LGB mesh with the Testmasters methods?

dominkay

Re: Testmasters course vs. Powerscore Bibles

Postby dominkay » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:59 am

Take the class. You don't have to pay. The end.

They're really good at explaining Logic Games.

mcdad

Postby mcdad » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:07 pm

Take the class. Logic games is the easiest to learn. Thank God that RC wasn't your weak point. The games become fun. My daughter got to where that was all she wanted to do even there were other things to work on.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:09 pm

I say do both. The bibles had some techniques that TM didn't have.

HiLine

Postby HiLine » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:53 pm

If you only need to work on Logic Games, you should save your parents some money; they are paying for your college education anyway.

Eric475

Postby Eric475 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:07 pm

HiLine wrote:If you only need to work on Logic Games, you should save your parents some money; they are paying for your college education anyway.

Nope I'm gonna be about $45,000 in debt after undergrad that my parent's aren't paying for. They just really want me to do well on the LSAT and think I'm a bit of a slacker

HiLine

Postby HiLine » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:46 pm

Eric475 wrote:
HiLine wrote:If you only need to work on Logic Games, you should save your parents some money; they are paying for your college education anyway.

Nope I'm gonna be about $45,000 in debt after undergrad that my parent's aren't paying for. They just really want me to do well on the LSAT and think I'm a bit of a slacker

Then prove yourself not a slacker and have your parents pay for your self-study. :D

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”