Best Third Book

eberryhill7

Best Third Book

Postby eberryhill7 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:30 pm

So I am about to start my junior year of undergrad and am planning my 6-month study plan for getting a 175+ on this test. I am currently planning on going through the two Bibles and taking 37-40 practice tests, but I need another book. I was thinking that after I do the Bibles I need to have a third that gives a good overview of the whole test. The book that has drawn my attention to this point is Kaplan 180 which I have heard overall good reviews about. I have looked over some threads on here and there is a consensus about the bibles but there seems to be a lot of different books that people have used. Can anyone give personal accounts of Kaplan 180 or another overview book that could be more helpful?

Precessional

Re: Best Third Book

Postby Precessional » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:08 pm

I like SuperPrep. Contains explainations with PrepTests A, B, and C. I'm using them as my diagnostics and for review during my first pass through the Bibles. Preptests A, B, and C aren't avaliable for individual purchase (I think) and I haven't seen them floating around online.

I've also gotten the PS Reading Comprehension bible and the Atlas Reading Comprehension Book-- the passages are my kryptonite, and this is my way of beating back the big dark fear of failure.

Many have also shot for a sort-by-type book for focused practice. (Games by type and/or Logical reaosning by type-- see PithyPyke guide). Towards this, people have turned to the Kaplan Mastery Book from the Kaplan LSAT course (second-hand via Amazon.com), the CambridgeLSAT.com offerings, or Traceila's retail compilation from Amazon.com.

Or you can get a Supreme Court Justice bobblehead doll. Their bobbles endow onto the 0L pure unadulterated LSAT-motivation. http://www.greenbag.org/bobbleheads/pdf ... _pdfs.html

coastal112

Postby coastal112 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:38 pm

I'm in the same boat as you, starting my junior year and beginning my studying. I actually purchased all 3 Bibles, and I plan on getting as many of the PrepTests as I can. From there, I'll see where I run into problems and how I do on tests.

My roommate has taken (and is repeating) a Kaplan class and has Examkrackers books, so I may take a look at those as well.

Precessional

Postby Precessional » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:03 pm

coastal112 wrote:..My roommate has taken (and is repeating) a Kaplan class and has Examkrackers books, so I may take a look at those as well.

Have you heard good things about the Examkrackers?

They're famous for their MCAT material, but I'm a little skeptical of their new stab at the LSAT's.

coastal112

Postby coastal112 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:20 pm

I myself haven't looked at the books; I can take a look at them when I move back onto campus in a little less than a month if you'd still be interested. Until then, I'm sure someone has mentioned their experience with Examkrackers on this forum. Sorry I'm not much help.

Precessional

Postby Precessional » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:34 pm

coastal112 wrote:I myself haven't looked at the books; I can take a look at them when I move back onto campus..
Heh, no problem. I was just curious. ^_^

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”