HAHA PT 16 Game 2 Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
petrovovitch@

New

HAHA PT 16 Game 2

Post by petrovovitch@ » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:42 am

I'm sure others have noticed this but questions 9 and 12 are both 'must be true' type questions and share two answers. I reason that since LSAC wouldn't repeat a question hence neither of these could be the correct answer since whichever it was would be the correct answer for both questions, which would be either a terrible slip up on their part or way too much generosity. Obviously they weren't the correct answers (or I wouldn't have posted the thread) and I was able to knock out two choices (one of which I was considering), ironically, due to what in the end did turn out to be a slip up on the LSAC's part. I wonder if this has come up on any other PTs?

Anaconda

Silver

Re: HAHA PT 16 Game 2

Post by Anaconda » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:35 pm

petrovovitch@ wrote:I'm sure others have noticed this but questions 9 and 12 are both 'must be true' type questions and share two answers. I reason that since LSAC wouldn't repeat a question hence neither of these could be the correct answer since whichever it was would be the correct answer for both questions, which would be either a terrible slip up on their part or way too much generosity. Obviously they weren't the correct answers (or I wouldn't have posted the thread) and I was able to knock out two choices (one of which I was considering), ironically, due to what in the end did turn out to be a slip up on the LSAC's part. I wonder if this has come up on any other PTs?

I've seen this before actually, I think it happens occasionally on the very easy games, kind of a time saver reward for making basic yet necessary deductions.

Audio Technica Guy

Bronze

Post by Audio Technica Guy » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:50 pm

I'd be too scared of this being "the one time they did that" to actually use that strategy without making certain first.

petrovovitch@

New

Post by petrovovitch@ » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:45 pm

Audio Technica Guy wrote:I'd be too scared of this being "the one time they did that" to actually use that strategy without making certain first.
there's no way LSAC would ever put 2 of the same question on a test.

youknowryan

Bronze

Post by youknowryan » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:24 pm

petrovovitch@ wrote:
Audio Technica Guy wrote:I'd be too scared of this being "the one time they did that" to actually use that strategy without making certain first.
there's no way LSAC would ever put 2 of the same question on a test.
On one test, not likely. I've seen weaken questions slightly rewritten to become strengthen question though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

AverageTutoring

Bronze

Post by AverageTutoring » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:42 pm

I doubt it was a mistake on behalf of LSAC. The thing is with these types of games (games where there are a very finite amount of possibilities) there are only so many "What Must Be true" answer choices LSAC can ask. Keep in mind that LSAC doesn't want to just give you the answer and that the answer choices have to be designed to be somewhat appealing.

There are very few appealing answer choices to ask in this particular game, which is why some duplicates result. Most would not catch on but I would argue that you really don't need to.

This game can be completed in under 2-3 minutes if you diagram both major hypotheticals. Once you do this, the questions become elementary. It might even take longer to notice LSAC's "mistake" then it would take to just answer the question immediately!

But good catch none the less, I did not notice :oops:

petrovovitch@

New

Post by petrovovitch@ » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:47 pm

AverageTutoring wrote:
This game can be completed in under 2-3 minutes if you diagram both major hypotheticals. Once you do this, the questions become elementary. It might even take longer to notice LSAC's "mistake" then it would take to just answer the question immediately!
obviously i wasn't suggesting anyone should be looking for these kinds of meta-deductions

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”