LSAT SWAG you may enjoy more than the vuvuzelas Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Atlas LSAT Teacher

Bronze

LSAT SWAG you may enjoy more than the vuvuzelas

Post by Atlas LSAT Teacher » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:03 pm

A couple of online resources we're testing out - if anyone is interested:

1. We've got an LSAT video game that is in beta-testing - if anyone is interested in testing it out, go to http://www.atlaslsat.com/lsat-arcade.cfm You'll need to create an account (free) to play. If you do play, I'd love to find out:

a) What you scored on your last preptest (or actual LSAT!)?
b) How did you do on our various games?
c) Any bugs or confusions?
d) Any suggestions?

You can e-mail me those at noah@atlaslsat.com

2. We just put together a spreadsheet to help folks analyze their PT60 results. If you're interested, go here: http://www.atlaslsat.com/training-center.cfm and scroll down to the trackers, download the one for PT60. I'd appreciate it if you'd e-mail me (noah@atlaslsat.com) a copy of your completed tracker, as it would help us figure out which parts of the exam were hardest for various people, as we're doing a free review class on July 7 and we want to pinpoint trends (http://www.atlaslsat.com/EventShow.cfm? ... ventID=290). Thanks!

JJJ123

New

Re: LSAT SWAG you may enjoy more than the vuvuzelas

Post by JJJ123 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:59 pm

The grades are far too heavily weighted toward the number of questions answered. If you randomly guess, with a roughly 50% accuracy rate, you're guaranteed to get an A+ due to the number of questions you answer. However, answering a reasonable number of questions with a high accuracy rate leads to a lower grade. Also, it is impossible to avoid getting one question marked as "wrong," since the last question you receive before time runs out is marked as such. There should be a reasonable question limit for these two-minute games, which could solve both these issues. Also, I would suggest lengthening the games to perhaps five minutes; the pace required for a very high score on these games is far greater than the pace required to score a 180 on the Lsat, and this only developes frantic testing habits that are anathema to an Lsat-taker.

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:18 pm

JJJ123 wrote:The grades are far too heavily weighted toward the number of questions answered. If you randomly guess, with a roughly 50% accuracy rate, you're guaranteed to get an A+ due to the number of questions you answer. However, answering a reasonable number of questions with a high accuracy rate leads to a lower grade. Also, it is impossible to avoid getting one question marked as "wrong," since the last question you receive before time runs out is marked as such. There should be a reasonable question limit for these two-minute games, which could solve both these issues. Also, I would suggest lengthening the games to perhaps five minutes; the pace required for a very high score on these games is far greater than the pace required to score a 180 on the Lsat, and this only developes frantic testing habits that are anathema to an Lsat-taker.
Also, the graphics are terrible and the 'game' is just regular questions. Also, the lack of email verification leads to people registering with email addresses like accounts@cocks.com

Atlas LSAT Teacher

Bronze

Post by Atlas LSAT Teacher » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:55 pm

Kohinoor wrote: Also, the graphics are terrible and the 'game' is just regular questions. Also, the lack of email verification leads to people registering with email addresses like accounts@cocks.com
Ah, it was you!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”