Take LSAT now or when I come back? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
petrovovitch@

New

Take LSAT now or when I come back?

Post by petrovovitch@ » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:04 pm

I just graduated from uni and am shipping out to africa for peace corps in november. I'll be applying to T6 schools when I return.

I have free time to study and can take the october lsat.

I know the scores last for 5 years but will admissions committees look less favorably on old scores when I'm applying when I get back?

ogman05

Bronze

Re: Take LSAT now or when I come back?

Post by ogman05 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:06 pm

petrovovitch@ wrote:I just graduated from uni and am shipping out to africa for peace corps in november. I'll be applying to T6 schools when I return.

I know the scores last for 5 years but will admissions committees look less favorably on old scores when I'm applying when I get back?
Question is how long are you going for?

petrovovitch@

New

Post by petrovovitch@ » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:16 pm

ogman05 wrote:
petrovovitch@ wrote:I just graduated from uni and am shipping out to africa for peace corps in november. I'll be applying to T6 schools when I return.

Question is how long are you going for?
the commitment is 27 months so i'll be back february 2013.

the question is basically when to take the lsat. do i need to take it within one year of the application "cycle" ? i can arrange to fly back here and take the test sometime and then write my applications from africa in time for consideration for the class of fall 2013. of course it is much easier to take the test here now and only have to worry about writing applications while there.

worse comes to worst i would take the june test in 2013 and applying for fall 2014 but i really don't want to do that...

pinkzeppelin

Bronze

Post by pinkzeppelin » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:19 pm

In general, they don't look down on old scores unless they are below their threshold, which is normally 5 years.

ogman05

Bronze

Post by ogman05 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:20 pm

My opinion would be that if you would be applying for fall 2013 that you'd be completely clear. That would only be a two year gap from the test to submitting apps. I would get it out of the way now if you are prepared and are confident you will be ready to apply by then.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

xyzzzzzzzz

Bronze

Post by xyzzzzzzzz » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:33 pm

Last edited by xyzzzzzzzz on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:34 pm

They won't care at all. Take it now if you have amble study time.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”