Retake in October or later? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Dr. Strangelove

Silver

Retake in October or later?

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:16 am

I took the June 2010 LSAT and I already know that I got more questions wrong than I was hoping.
So as a result, I'm anticipating a retake.
I'm currently a rising senior in UG.
In my case, it probably doesn't make much sense to go to law school right after UG (The T13 I have the best shot at is NU and that's only with WE), so... would it make sense to go and retake the test this October (since I'd already be applying too late for top law schools to really consider a splitter) or should I wait a little longer?
I have other career options besides law.

PlugInBaby

Bronze

Re: Retake in October or later?

Post by PlugInBaby » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:18 am

Dr. Strangelove wrote:I took the June 2010 LSAT and I already know that I got more questions wrong than I was hoping.
So as a result, I'm anticipating a retake.
I'm currently a rising senior in UG.
In my case, it probably doesn't make much sense to go to law school right after UG (The T13 I have the best shot at is NU and that's only with WE), so... would it make sense to go and retake the test this October (since I'd already be applying too late for top law schools to really consider a splitter) or should I wait a little longer?
I have other career options besides law.
I wouldn't worry too much...you were one of the PT superstars here. We all think we did much worse than we expected. Let the chips fall where they may...I bet you would have a score most would envy.

FWIW I am telling myself the same thing.....except I wasn't quite the PT superstar that you are.

jamlip

New

Post by jamlip » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:25 am

Honestly, it's not so difficult to be a "PT Superstar." Let's be real here. All bullshit aside, if you're considering retaking, then you should probably just retake as soon as possible. It's still fresh in your mind and you're likely to retain the greatest amount of information. Especially considering LSAT scores last a few years, there's no harm in taking it in October, since given your track record you're likely to do exceptionally anyway.

Dr. Strangelove

Silver

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:56 pm

Thanks for the support, PlugInBaby! Best of luck as well!
Sounds like October is the best. Anything sub-170 and I'm going to register for October right away.
There are a lot of PT's I never took, so prep won't seem particularly repetitive.
Thankfully, for certain reasons I don't think I did as badly as I originally thought (but retake could still be justified, just could be a 169 instead of a 160)...but we'll see what happens June 28.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”