DONE!!! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lennonist

Bronze

Re: DONE!!!

Post by lennonist » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:37 pm

Definitely got owned by the Aussie lawyers RC. Chavez and bees were fun, whereas the suburbia bored me (but wasn't esp. difficult)

jpSartre

Bronze

Post by jpSartre » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:39 pm

lennonist wrote:Definitely got owned by the Aussie lawyers RC. Chavez and bees were fun, whereas the suburbia bored me (but wasn't esp. difficult)
I felt like I was asleep for the entire RC section. I'm calling it a focus coma and hoping for the best.

nsideirish

Bronze

Post by nsideirish » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:41 pm

lennonist wrote:Definitely got owned by the Aussie lawyers RC. Chavez and bees were fun, whereas the suburbia bored me (but wasn't esp. difficult)

karcirate

New

Post by karcirate » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:43 pm

mrodriguez1440 wrote:If I remember correctly, the catch to this one was about ****.

Then again, I could be totally wrong and should go cancel my score right now.
(Don't want to write too many details) but even though I ended up with that answer, I think it could still be incorrect, because the study only dealt with inclinations, so if they intentionally changed themselves, that would not weaken the study.

julia.trice

New

Post by julia.trice » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:46 pm

My brain is fried and I thought I did ok on the first two sections only to find that when I got back after break, I couldn't figure anything out. I sat in my car and stressed for about a whole hour afterwards. Oh well, I guess I will retake. :cry:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jason8821

Bronze

Post by jason8821 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:46 pm

I thought bees was easy, all but the 4th question on there. I can't remember what it asked......As far as LG. I have to be honest in saying that I didn't one game completely right. If I had to guess my score, I would say I got 10-12/23. To give an example of where I was at I took the 4 hardest combo games I hadn't seen, it took me a little over 40 minutes, but I got 19/22. I was probably at 17-18/23 avg. fairly sound at logic games, and this test destroyed me. Although I think I did better than average on LR, this was just due to hyper focus. That's all. I don't think it was easier. The general consensus here seems to be-

LR:Average
RC:slightly more difficult than average for recent tests, but not significantly so.
LG:Very hard for newer tests.

That said, I don't know how they are going to score this. Is there any chance the curve will be similar to an older test where a low 60's would put one in the mid to higher one 150's? I was hoping to score a 160, but that doesn't seem likely. This test was much harder than any I had faced in the 50's. However, I did not do 57 or 59.

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:48 pm

darby girl wrote: Thought LG was easy up until the intern question. Bombed that part even with ample time! Would have gotten -0 probably, -1 most without it.
Yes exact same thing for me. People here are saying that one of the rules (FK) was tricky and a bunch of people misread it. I feel like this is what happened to me to. Even with 9-10 minutes I couldn't get a single question.... I feel pathetic. I re-read the rules too but I guess just didn't catch my mistake. Plus I panicked. I'm also pissed that all of the questions were tough for that game. Even the first question which is usually really easy and allows you to get familiar with the rules was tough so it basicly gave me no chance.

Ahh I'm so mad right now... its a horrible feeling. Hoping for lucky guesses on LG and a good curve...

jason8821

Bronze

Post by jason8821 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:02 am

Are you sure it was the "FK" rule, I thought it was "JL" but I can't remember anymore, my memory is shot. I remember seeing whatever group it was and seeing them on the same team, but didnt correctly differentiate between Writers/photojournalists and countries as the team.

MarkRenton

Bronze

Post by MarkRenton » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:03 am

Thank god for the lower degree of difficulty on the bees passage. The comparative passage sections can really mess me up (more so than the singular passages) when very difficult. This was a gift. Not saying i did great on it, but if I did...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

PlugInBaby

Bronze

Post by PlugInBaby » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:17 am

I had a feeling of deja vu minutes ago...along with a visual flash of my email from LSAC....159...AHHHHHHHHHH NIGHTMARE PLEASE DON'T LET IT BE TRUE!!!!!

I really am getting nervous and paranoid even after the fact....I should stop it.

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:21 am

jason8821 wrote:Are you sure it was the "FK" rule, I thought it was "JL" but I can't remember anymore, my memory is shot. I remember seeing whatever group it was and seeing them on the same team, but didnt correctly differentiate between Writers/photojournalists and countries as the team.

I still don't know what happened to me there. People are saying rules were ambiguous, but it seems that I got the rules correct.... the only other explanation is that I'm an idiot who couldn't make a key inference.... these 3 weeks are going to last forever.. thank god for the world cup!

lennonist

Bronze

Post by lennonist » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:23 am

Ragged wrote:
jason8821 wrote:Are you sure it was the "FK" rule, I thought it was "JL" but I can't remember anymore, my memory is shot. I remember seeing whatever group it was and seeing them on the same team, but didnt correctly differentiate between Writers/photojournalists and countries as the team.

I still don't know what happened to me there. People are saying rules were ambiguous, but it seems that I got the rules correct.... the only other explanation is that I'm an idiot who couldn't make a key inference.... these 3 weeks are going to last forever.. thank god for the world cup!
Speaking of which, my vecchia signora pal, do you mean Messi-Cup? ;)

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:33 am

lennonist wrote:
Ragged wrote:

Speaking of which, my vecchia signora pal, do you mean Messi-Cup? ;)
Haha I'm glad to finally meet a bianconerri. Yes the Messi-Cup should be fun.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

MarkRenton

Bronze

Post by MarkRenton » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:19 am

My final thoughts are I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that the LG's were difficult. I feel "comfortable" with my other 3 sections. So I feel I probably did fairly adequate considering. However, my score will live or die on whether I did Ok considering on the LGs are bombed them.

Godlike

New

Post by Godlike » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:28 am

karcirate wrote:
mrodriguez1440 wrote:If I remember correctly, the catch to this one was about ****.

(Don't want to write too many details) but even though I ended up with that answer, I think it could still be incorrect, because the study only dealt with inclinations, so if they intentionally changed themselves, that would not weaken the study.
That was the right answer 100% I have not missed a LR question on PTs in weeks and was 100% sure on that one :P

Godlike

New

Post by Godlike » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:32 am

Ragged wrote:

The rule that was ambiguous was the some people (me included) misinterpreted "field" to mean the location (Tuscany, Spain etc) instead of profession. If you took it the most normal way, then you should be fine...

Mike19

New

Post by Mike19 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:02 am

The experimental LG was interesting. It was certainly easier than the real one, but it had a question type that was different than anything Id seen before (student housing).

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

crazylsat

New

Post by crazylsat » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:24 am

Yeah i chose the same answer... seemed less wrong than everything else
mrodriguez1440 wrote:If I remember correctly, the catch to this one was about twins who lived apart, which the scientists concludes means that genetic factors influence, not environment. So the right answer seemed to be twins who lived to together, but try differentiate themselves. This seems to hurt the genetic argument.

nsideirish wrote:
malfurion wrote:
karcirate wrote:Anyone remember a question about identical twins? I think it was on my third LR section (I had LR LG LR RC LR), so it was scored.

I must have spent 3 minutes all told on that question, and still have no idea what the correct answer was. From the looks of it I must have completely missed the point, as nobody else has brought it up yet.
I remember spending a good bit of time on the twin question also. There were two answers that seemed wrong and three that seemed really wrong, and that never turns out well for me.
Felt the SAME way on that question. Nothing seemed right. Two just seemed less wrong than the other three. Damn.

jason8821

Bronze

Post by jason8821 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:42 am

sorry couldnt delete.
Last edited by jason8821 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

MarkRenton

Bronze

Post by MarkRenton » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:54 am

jason8821 wrote:I don't know if I'm aloud to say this, but I am going to write out a bannable offense.
I'd edit this post if I were you. They will forgive you, after they ban you for a bit.

pbmoore

New

Post by pbmoore » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:26 am

MOD EDIT: banned

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

honestabe84

Bronze

Post by honestabe84 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:49 pm

Godlike wrote:
Ragged wrote:

The rule that was ambiguous was the some people (me included) misinterpreted "field" to mean the location (Tuscany, Spain etc) instead of profession. If you took it the most normal way, then you should be fine...
Field was definitely ambiguous and this is what is going to screw up the entire curve. I guarantee that when this game appeared as an experimental, it did not have that confusing term. As a result, not many (no one?) had to stop and think about a single rule and more people would have gotten the game right, or at least more questions right. So the curve for this test is not going to factor in ALL the trouble people had with that game.

Unless the creators intentionally made this game ambiguous, which I would find very hard to believe.

jjlaw

Bronze

Post by jjlaw » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:52 pm

Godlike wrote:
Ragged wrote:

I honestly don't think the terms were confusing, but I think the wording of the rules made setting up and diagramming a little more difficult because you had to read carefully. Maybe a lot of people panicked after the mulch game and couldn't focus 100%. I know I mis-diagrammed one of the Not Rules and only realized until the third question, which made me panic a little when I finally got to the mulch game.

Jrugg88

New

Post by Jrugg88 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:56 pm

honestabe84 wrote:
Godlike wrote:
Ragged wrote:

Field was definitely ambiguous and this is what is going to screw up the entire curve. I guarantee that when this game appeared as an experimental, it did not have that confusing term. As a result, not many (no one?) had to stop and think about a single rule and more people would have gotten the game right, or at least more questions right. So the curve for this test is not going to factor in ALL the trouble people had with that game.

Unless the creators intentionally made this game ambiguous, which I would find very hard to believe.
How can you "GUARANTEE that when this game appeared as an experimental, it did not have the confusing term"??? How the hell do you know what terms the game did and did not have when it appeared as an experimental?

jbill

New

Post by jbill » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:00 pm

Now that I think about the 4th LG game, I realize that I totally understand the important inference that I needed to make. I only wish I had figured that out while writing!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”