Power score bibles + retaking kaplan full course

BrianGriffintheDog

Power score bibles + retaking kaplan full course

Postby BrianGriffintheDog » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:41 pm

Hello,

I recently purchased the powerscore trilogy package and finished kaplan's prep course. With the higher score guarantee, I will be retaking kaplan. The reason why I am retaking kaplan, aside from their online resources, is because of the proctored quiz & tests they do on each lessons. I will be writing the October LSAT.

Anyways, I was just wondering how long should it approximately take to go through all three bibles. And once I go through each bibles, should I study that section right away or should I just wait until I am done going through all three bibles?

Thanks in advance! :)

BrianGriffintheDog

Re: Power score bibles + retaking kaplan full course

Postby BrianGriffintheDog » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:30 pm

bump

typ3

Postby typ3 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:29 am

If you took the kaplan course you have every lsac question released except PT's 58 and 59.

Have you finished the kaplan mastery book? If not, do the mastery book while doing the bibles (pithy pike's method). Do a chapter of the bible and do ALL of the kaplan mastery questions of that type. Don't just fly through the bibles and do prep tests. Practice each question type using the pscore methods before going onto sections / prep tests. I would say it will take you a month and a half to do all three bibles and the entire kaplan mastery. I believe the mastery book uses 1800+ lsat questions grouped by type.

Unless you're retaking the kaplan course with a different instructor, you're wasting your time. You'd be better off in private tutoring or concentrating on learning the test and your individual problem areas / consistent mistakes.

Move on to the pacing book and take timed sections.. and then finish off your prep the last month and a half with the endurance book (full timed pt's) + PT's 58 / 59 and the unnumbered free lsat on lsac's website.

Also retaking the course so someone can proctor a LSAT section might hint at some issues with self motivation. When you retake the course you will be retaking the same practice sections so that may not be indicative of your true performance level (scores go up when you repeat old questions). If you're struggling to self motivate and do the outside work provided for a prep course find someone to study at the library with or a family member / friend to teach the lsat to. I found that I made some decent improvements by talking about lsat problems / strategies to friends and family members.

BrianGriffintheDog

Postby BrianGriffintheDog » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:12 am

Thank you for such a helpful comment! I'll definitely look into studying LSAT with someone!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”