Prep course: PR or GetPrepped? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
sgp_lycee

New

Prep course: PR or GetPrepped?

Post by sgp_lycee » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:11 pm

Hi, I've been doing self-study for the Asia June LSAT but it's just not working (my score during PTs keeps dropping). So I think postponing the test and doing a prep course for October would be best. I'm going home for the summer and was looking around and wanted to know if anyone had info on GetPrepped's LSAT course.

The only options I really have are GetPrepped and Princeton Review (which I've seen a lot of reviews on) since I have to be back in Asia by mid-August.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Philo38

Bronze

Re: Prep course: PR or GetPrepped?

Post by Philo38 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:19 pm

sgp_lycee wrote:Hi, I've been doing self-study for the Asia June LSAT but it's just not working (my score during PTs keeps dropping). So I think postponing the test and doing a prep course for October would be best. I'm going home for the summer and was looking around and wanted to know if anyone had info on GetPrepped's LSAT course.

The only options I really have are GetPrepped and Princeton Review (which I've seen a lot of reviews on) since I have to be back in Asia by mid-August.

What does your self-study look like?

sgp_lycee

New

Post by sgp_lycee » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:53 pm

Philo38 wrote:
sgp_lycee wrote:Hi, I've been doing self-study for the Asia June LSAT but it's just not working (my score during PTs keeps dropping). So I think postponing the test and doing a prep course for October would be best. I'm going home for the summer and was looking around and wanted to know if anyone had info on GetPrepped's LSAT course.

I have the PS Logic games, SuperPrep and Kaplan (which I haven't really opened except for the LR section.) and 2 of the PT books. I do try to study about 2-3 hours a day. My original diagnostic showed the 150's and that I had a weakness in LG, so I've been focused on that.

I'm taking 2 tests almost every week (1 timed 1 untimed), with my LG score not rising. About 2 weeks ago I saw that my LR is lowering, so I cracked open the Kaplan and I also went back over Superprep to review. Since I was reviewing, I haven't taken any PTs for this week until yesterday and my LR is still falling while I haven't seen any notable difference on my LG.

I'm not completely surprised by the LG since my biggest problem is time, but my LR is an issue to me.

Philo38

Bronze

Post by Philo38 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:00 pm

sgp_lycee wrote:
Philo38 wrote:

I have the PS Logic games, SuperPrep and Kaplan (which I haven't really opened except for the LR section.) and 2 of the PT books. I do try to study about 2-3 hours a day. My original diagnostic showed the 150's and that I had a weakness in LG, so I've been focused on that.

I'm taking 2 tests almost every week (1 timed 1 untimed), with my LG score not rising. About 2 weeks ago I saw that my LR is lowering, so I cracked open the Kaplan and I also went back over Superprep to review. Since I was reviewing, I haven't taken any PTs for this week until yesterday and my LR is still falling while I haven't seen any notable difference on my LG.

I'm not completely surprised by the LG since my biggest problem is time, but my LR is an issue to me.
Ah. Well, its a tough one. I mean, theoretically there is really nothing in a prep course you aren't going to be able to get from those books, that is why I asked. But that said you may still benefit from one on one instruction.

Unfortunately, the most "teachable" aspect of the LSAT is the LG section, the LR section is far more difficult to teach IMO. For LR a good practice strategy would be this, and this is what prep courses will do: learn and understand the different types of LR questions. Then, go through your PTs and try to see if you can identify a pattern, which type of LR question are you missing? Once you determine that you may be able to take a book like the Kaplan book which has the LR questions grouped by question type, and focus on mastering each particular question type one by one.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”