When to stop taking the LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
mz253

Bronze

When to stop taking the LSAT

Post by mz253 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:33 pm

I wonder when should I decide "that's the end of it." Monday will be my second take, but I'm not confident at all, though I feel I have a much better understanding of the exam. I wonder when should I put an end on it? Should I stop once I break 165? Or I should give it another try in October to score higher?

Sorry for the depressing thoughts. I need some perspectives here. Please don't give advice in terms of how law school look at multiple scores. Just for the sake of making myself feel that I have tried my best and I have no regrets of wherever I end up.

daesonesb

Bronze

Re: When to stop taking the LSAT

Post by daesonesb » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:39 pm

mz253 wrote:I wonder when should I decide "that's the end of it." Monday will be my second take, but I'm not confident at all, though I feel I have a much better understanding of the exam. I wonder when should I put an end on it? Should I stop once I break 165? Or I should give it another try in October to score higher?

Sorry for the depressing thoughts. I need some perspectives here. Please don't give advice in terms of how law school look at multiple scores. Just for the sake of making myself feel that I have tried my best and I have no regrets of wherever I end up.
only you can answer this question, young jedi.

mz253

Bronze

Post by mz253 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:40 pm

anyone take LSAT more than twice? PM me!

cinefile 17

Bronze

Post by cinefile 17 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:41 pm

If you're not confident, then why take the June test. Why not wait till October?

mz253

Bronze

Post by mz253 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:44 pm

so want to send my apps in earlier. if i take the october test, i'll just send the score in later.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:22 pm

mz253 wrote:so want to send my apps in earlier. if i take the october test, i'll just send the score in later.
Applying early is worth less than one LSAT point. Ask IAFG about how applying early went, she got dinged at a school she liked then got an LSAT that made her autoadmit and it was too late.

catharsis

Bronze

Post by catharsis » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:27 pm

i took the LSAT twice.

1st attempt- cancelled
2nd attempt- cancelled
3rd attempt- scoreeee

it was a very arduous, long, and painstaking road but it finally got done lol.

mz253

Bronze

Post by mz253 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:37 pm

i will apply to schools that i have chance with my exisiting scores. then if my october test turns out better, i'll send apps to better schools. does that make sense?

also, how fast can law school give you back your decision? if i take the october test, i bet the score will come out before the decision.
Desert Fox wrote:
mz253 wrote:so want to send my apps in earlier. if i take the october test, i'll just send the score in later.
Applying early is worth less than one LSAT point. Ask IAFG about how applying early went, she got dinged at a school she liked then got an LSAT that made her autoadmit and it was too late.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:52 pm

TCR is whatever it takes to get you into a T13.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

a11 1n

Bronze

Post by a11 1n » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:58 pm

mz253 wrote:i will apply to schools that i have chance with my exisiting scores. then if my october test turns out better, i'll send apps to better schools. does that make sense?

also, how fast can law school give you back your decision? if i take the october test, i bet the score will come out before the decision.
Desert Fox wrote:
You have virtually nothing to gain by taking the exam in June over October. Getting your scores in slightly earlier will not change what law schools accept you. Also, in the time you wait for your October score, you can have all of your PS statements and letters of rec etc. prepared so that you can apply immediately.

The real question is, do you have enough prep test materials to keep you fresh until October?

If the answer is yes, and you believe you can do better than what you are currently scoring, just wait.

GeePee

Silver

Post by GeePee » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:03 pm

Take the LSAT until one of the following is true:

1. You're satisfied with your score.
2. You score 175 or better.
3. You'd be happy graduating from a school that will accept your current numbers and it's getting late in the cycle.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”