online prep

northwood

online prep

Postby northwood » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:52 pm

I am trying to compare online prep classes for the october lsat. Who are the good online prep classes, and what should I be looking for? I have purchased the 10 lsat prep book series as well as a few logic game workout books, and the bibles. I am looking to take a class to augment these readings and to have someone help explain things better ( i learn better when someone explains things, reather than just let me try to deduce the rationale behind it).

Also, is it a good idea to leave a few weeks between the end of hte class and the october test so that I can review and pracice further on my own? or should I try to end the class as close as possible to October 9th?

Thanks for all of the info

LSAT Blog

Re: online prep

Postby LSAT Blog » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:02 pm

northwood wrote:Also, is it a good idea to leave a few weeks between the end of hte class and the october test so that I can review and pracice further on my own?

Definitely. Most classes don't include enough in the way of full-length timed practice exams. This will allow you to do these on your own, as well as further practice and review.

bp colin

Postby bp colin » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:25 pm

I work for Blueprint, and we offer what I think is a pretty fantastic online course. When picking a course you should probably ask what the students think, rather than company reps say, so I'll keep this to the facts. The course is made up of streaming video lessons, and you follow along in the books. The books are made of every released LSAT problem, so you don't need any supplementary materials. There are video/audio/text markups for all games and RC, and for most LR. There's also an email helpline for any questions you might have. There are a number of extra practice exams which we build into the schedule, and it's definitely important to be doing lots of those toward the end, and Mr. Schwartz said.

You can check out more here.

Here's a thread with BP takers that was active not too long ago.

Atlas LSAT Teacher

Postby Atlas LSAT Teacher » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:35 pm

I agree with Steve -- definitely try to end your studies well before the LSAT. How else will you master what you learn in the last few classes? We have live online classes (not movies, though we have that as well if you want to self-study). The classes are capped to keep them small, and there are two teachers, so it's very interactive. You're welcome to sit in on a class as a free trial student and see if we're for you -- we're definitely not everyone's cup of tea. http://www.atlaslsat.com/online-classes.cfm And you can search through this forum to see some reviews of ours classes.

Good luck!

tomwatts

Postby tomwatts » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:01 am

I'll put in that live vs. recorded and number of hours are major considerations. We (Princeton Review) have both recorded and live online classes, and I always strongly recommend the live ones, because then you have a live instructor who can answer your questions directly the moment you have them and explain things differently if the original explanation doesn't make sense. You can interact. We also have far more instructional hours (55) than most other live online LSAT classes (typically 30-36).

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”