Seeking Advice and Opinions

Cant Let You Do That
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 2:05 pm

Seeking Advice and Opinions

Postby Cant Let You Do That » Sat May 29, 2010 2:30 pm

So I have to make a decision and have given it a lot of thought but since my friends and family are law school-retarded I figured would consult you all as I would like advice from someone with knowledge of the area.

Anyways, Ive got a 3.79 LSAC GPA and have been PTing consistently at 169. Ive taken about fifteen PTs over the past 3 weeks, in loud places, in quiet places, hopped up on caffeine, and falling asleep and I consistently get 169 (probably 10/15 were 169, with a couple 170s and 171s here and there as well as a 174). Needless to say Im fairly confident on test day I will be getting a 169... I tend to perform very well on tests which I assume will allow me to do my average on test day.

Anyways Im currently signed up to take the LSATs on June 7th. I have T14 aspirations and am hopeful of a Cornell acceptance but like most of the people here Im doing everything I can do get into the best school possible so Im not giving up hope for HYS or Columbia (regardless of what my gut says). The difficulty, however, is that I feel that given more time I could test in the 173 area which would dramatically increase my chances at making it into the top 4. So I am thinking about not taking the June 7th test and waiting until October after Ive had all summer to study and hopefully bring my score up a bit.

So here's my question: is it best to skip the June 7th test so that the top 4 don't see the inevitable 169 or should I take the June 7th test and then study all summer and retake if I dont do well in June? OR of course I could take the June test and thats it if you think a 173 wouldn't really help me.

Any advice is appreciated and I thank everyone and anyone who read all of this!

forty-two
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:33 am

Re: Seeking Advice and Opinions

Postby forty-two » Sat May 29, 2010 3:45 pm

I would go ahead and take it in June. What if you end up with a great score? What if you get sick in October? What if your proctor thinks you only have 30 minutes to complete each section in October (this happened to me)? If you end up with a less than stellar score in October you can't retake without your applications being on the late side.

Good luck!

User avatar
confusedlawyer
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 11:21 am

Re: Seeking Advice and Opinions

Postby confusedlawyer » Sun May 30, 2010 9:17 am

Depends on how bad you want top 4. LSAT's for those schools are averaged. If you are sure you can do better if you wait, I think you should.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandros and 4 guests