Guesses for Game Types on June Lsat?

schand

Guesses for Game Types on June Lsat?

Postby schand » Fri May 28, 2010 10:42 am

Anyone want to take a jab?

confusedlawyer

Re: Guesses for Game Types on June Lsat?

Postby confusedlawyer » Fri May 28, 2010 11:23 am

no clue, I am hoping and praying for at least 1 ordering game, I can usually finish those in 5 minutes with 100% accuracy. I just don't want a matching/grouping hybrid... hate those

As for guesses, I can't make one, LSAC never fails to surprise and throw a curve ball. I'll be ready for whatever

Tangerine Gleam

Postby Tangerine Gleam » Fri May 28, 2010 11:27 am

Beware of In/Out, which nearly caused my downfall in September. I think December or Feb had an In/Out game as well, right?

Good luck, everyone!

tomwatts

Postby tomwatts » Fri May 28, 2010 11:54 am

There have been 6 In/Out games in the last 4 tests. I don't know if they'll keep it up, but they might.

Their simple order games in the recent past have been fairly heinous. PT 58 had one that was rather frightening (doable, but frightening).

bartleby

Postby bartleby » Fri May 28, 2010 12:08 pm

Ugh, I hope there is at least one basic linear. Love those things.

bp colin

Postby bp colin » Fri May 28, 2010 12:38 pm

Somewhat recently there were a couple ordering games with the "x before y or y before z but not both" rules, I wouldn't be surprised if another popped up.

stintez

Postby stintez » Fri May 28, 2010 12:41 pm

bartleby wrote:Ugh, I hope there is at least one basic linear. Love those things.

+10000000000000000000

Dr. Strangelove

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Fri May 28, 2010 1:58 pm

stintez wrote:
bartleby wrote:Ugh, I hope there is at least one basic linear. Love those things.

+10000000000000000000

+10000000000000000001

confusedlawyer

Postby confusedlawyer » Fri May 28, 2010 3:11 pm

I dont follow the names of logic games. I just know how to do them. Which one is basic linear? Oh and by the way has anyone seen the Logic game about the 5 tribes participating in a ceremony 3/5 per year 15 tribes in a cycle? If I get something like that I will fill in the 2 bubbles cancelling my score, provide my homer simpson signature and walk the hell out

enigma09

Postby enigma09 » Fri May 28, 2010 3:25 pm

Just hope there isn't an undefined grouping game. I can do those, but usually not in 8:45.

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Fri May 28, 2010 3:28 pm

confusedlawyer wrote:I dont follow the names of logic games. I just know how to do them. Which one is basic linear? Oh and by the way has anyone seen the Logic game about the 5 tribes participating in a ceremony 3/5 per year 15 tribes in a cycle? If I get something like that I will fill in the 2 bubbles cancelling my score, provide my homer simpson signature and walk the hell out

Basic linear refers to games that require you to place a set of variables in order. The rules tend to make reference to specific placements rather than loosely relating the variables to each other.

The tribe/ceremony game is PrepTest 13, Game 4. That sort of game is uncommon today. It requires you to internalize the rules, which are a bit more abstract than most rules you'll see today. I'd be surprised if a game like that came up again.

enigma09 wrote:Just hope there isn't an undefined grouping game. I can do those, but usually not in 8:45.

Those games should generally be your best friend. Whenever possible, link the variables together into long conditional chains. Practice, practice, practice.

-Steve
Last edited by LSAT Blog on Fri May 28, 2010 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CryingMonkey

Postby CryingMonkey » Fri May 28, 2010 3:28 pm

I think it'll 4 basic linear questions.

Rikkugrrl

Postby Rikkugrrl » Fri May 28, 2010 3:32 pm

No mapping no mapping no mapping no mapping...

I think mapping's pretty rare, but still...if there's a mapping game I'm going to cry. If there are two I'm walking out.

confusedlawyer

Postby confusedlawyer » Fri May 28, 2010 3:38 pm

Rikkugrrl wrote:No mapping no mapping no mapping no mapping...

I think mapping's pretty rare, but still...if there's a mapping game I'm going to cry. If there are two I'm walking out.

Doubt there will be 2, oh and thanks Steve I appreciate it.

Around the square or around the circle games I can't stand. I hope I don't see those

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Fri May 28, 2010 3:42 pm

CryingMonkey wrote:I think it'll 4 basic linear questions.

Well, you could say since that's never happened before, it's about time.

Or is that some kind of LSAT flaw... ;)

I'll eat my hat if it actually happens.

(btw, PT34 had 3, although one of those - Game 2 - was atypical.)

@confusedlawyer - glad to help!

enigma09

Postby enigma09 » Fri May 28, 2010 4:08 pm

LSAT Blog wrote:Those games should generally be your best friend. Whenever possible, link the variables together into long conditional chains. Practice, practice, practice.

They probably should be, but I think the fact that I have had trouble finishing them in the past in the allotted time has caused me to hurry rather than writing out long conditional statements. As a result, the questions are of course harder. Yet, for some reason, I can't shake the feeling that making all those inferences is wasting time.

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Fri May 28, 2010 4:28 pm

enigma09 wrote:
LSAT Blog wrote:Those games should generally be your best friend. Whenever possible, link the variables together into long conditional chains. Practice, practice, practice.

They probably should be, but I think the fact that I have had trouble finishing them in the past in the allotted time has caused me to hurry rather than writing out long conditional statements. As a result, the questions are of course harder. Yet, for some reason, I can't shake the feeling that making all those inferences is wasting time.

I almost had a heart attack just now.

Nearly every question (if not every question) in these games (PT33, G2 - PT36, G1 - PT45, G3, etc.) is easier and solvable in much less time by forming these conditional statements. A little initial investment saves you a lot of time in the long run.

I could go on and on, but I just sent you a PM since I don't want to hijack the thread.

itseightfortyfive

Postby itseightfortyfive » Sat May 29, 2010 12:49 pm

confusedlawyer wrote:I dont follow the names of logic games. I just know how to do them. Which one is basic linear? Oh and by the way has anyone seen the Logic game about the 5 tribes participating in a ceremony 3/5 per year 15 tribes in a cycle? If I get something like that I will fill in the 2 bubbles cancelling my score, provide my homer simpson signature and walk the hell out

omg, I loved that game!!!

itseightfortyfive

Postby itseightfortyfive » Sat May 29, 2010 12:51 pm

confusedlawyer wrote:
Rikkugrrl wrote:No mapping no mapping no mapping no mapping...

Doubt there will be 2, oh and thanks Steve I appreciate it.

Around the square or around the circle games I can't stand. I hope I don't see those

Did ya'll ever do the mapping game with the subway lines? I want to say it was in one of the first LSATs (like before 20). LOVED that one too!

Cant Let You Do That

Postby Cant Let You Do That » Sat May 29, 2010 2:11 pm

At first I was hoping for an absolutely brutal game so we get some sort of decent curve. But then I realized that it probably wouldn't really affect the upper end of the curve since everyone scoring in the top 1% can probably navigate through anything. SOO Im hoping for a games section I can finish in 20 minutes so I can relax for the last 15 minutes haha :D

honestabe84

Postby honestabe84 » Sat May 29, 2010 2:53 pm

Most ideal (but still realistic) scenario:

Basic Linear, Grouping-Defined, Advanced Linear-Balanced, Advanced Linear-Overloaded.

theZeigs

Postby theZeigs » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:10 pm

I'm not sure of game types, but here's my guess of the kinds of variables included:

Mauve snakes and lizards around a circular table; Zephyr airlines carrying film buffs from various Randsborough/Souderton clinics; a store selling new and used CDs of various types to a variety of dinosaurs; various precious stones arranged on a bookshelf; buses and aisle/window seats of tourists on these buses who are either interviewed and or hired.

Talk about an inside joke...

ReadingNation

Postby ReadingNation » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:54 pm

theZeigs wrote:I'm not sure of game types, but here's my guess of the kinds of variables included:

Mauve snakes and lizards around a circular table; Zephyr airlines carrying film buffs from various Randsborough/Souderton clinics; a store selling new and used CDs of various types to a variety of dinosaurs; various precious stones arranged on a bookshelf; buses and aisle/window seats of tourists on these buses who are either interviewed and or hired.

Lmao .... I think I'll print this out and take it with me on the 7th ... definitely got a good laugh out of it

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:04 pm

ReadingNation wrote:
theZeigs wrote:I'm not sure of game types, but here's my guess of the kinds of variables included:

Lmao .... I think I'll print this out and take it with me on the 7th ... definitely got a good laugh out of it

I got a good laugh, too. This is hilarious.

OklahomasOK

Postby OklahomasOK » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:50 pm

It's hilarious, but sad... I know each and every game you're referencing.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”