blaaaa Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
jr8966

New

Re: Coping with breakup right before LSAT

Post by jr8966 » Tue May 18, 2010 12:22 pm

This is good advice since most of my family cannot relate on how big the LSAT is for the admissions process? Most did not go to college. Also, most of my friends are teachers with families...etc etc. Nothing like a good kick in the nuts from TLS.

andreea7

Bronze

Post by andreea7 » Tue May 18, 2010 12:24 pm

Wow, some people really have no sense of proper timing I guess. You would think her need to work through her feelings could wait until after you are done with your LSAT.

LIke someone else said, it is out of your hands and there ought to be some relief in that. You can focus on your LSAT all the time now. Don't worry about the relationship for now, as there is nothing you could or should be doing - -what is meant to be will be. Stay away if you can. Use this time to focus on yourself, do your thing. That could in itself help with the relationship -- sometimes a partner can start to feel the need for space -- though obviously that is not the most important thing now.

I am a big advocate of really fighting for what you need in life because at the end of the day all that you truly have is what you have accomplished -- people come and go, unfortunately. Don't put her first now because she has not done that by dumping this on you at this time. Law school truly requires support from your partner and if the partner is selfish then you will have to be as well. Take this as a license you were given to be selfish for a while.

BigFatPanda

Bronze

Post by BigFatPanda » Tue May 18, 2010 12:28 pm

andreea7 wrote: people come and go, unfortunately
Can't put it any better

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue May 18, 2010 12:29 pm

Who is on the lease? If you, kick her ass out. If her, leave.

Living with your ex is a mistake.

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Tue May 18, 2010 12:30 pm

upon further reflection, sit this LSAT out.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jr8966

New

Post by jr8966 » Tue May 18, 2010 12:31 pm

Both of us are on the lease. This is the second apartment that we lived in, and we were planning to move to another city as we wanted to be closer to home. Three of us share a two bedroom.

DoubleChecks

Gold

Post by DoubleChecks » Tue May 18, 2010 12:31 pm

Doesn't she want some space? Don't you need to study for the LSAT?

wow problem solved lol...seriously, man up, go study at the library or something for 3 weeks, tear the LSAT apart, deal w/ the shit later

if she's gone because you weren't there for the 3 weeks she WANTED space for, then something's wrong lol

now if you feel weak minded and unable to properly prepare for the LSAT (see how it goes for a week or two), then sit it out. Oct test isnt too late for admissions.

blue5385

Silver

Post by blue5385 » Tue May 18, 2010 12:32 pm

I broke up with my bf of several years a couple wks before I took the LSAT. It was a really bad time, but I used LSAT prep as a distraction. We didn't live together, so I wasn't in the same situation as you, but if her presence is a problem when you're trying to prep, go to the library or another quiet place (one plus is that it'll probably be more similar to the place where you take the test than your house). Your LSAT score is something you have way more control over than your relationship, and it's much easier said than done, but do your best to focus on the long term and channel all your emotions/energy into prepping.

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Tue May 18, 2010 12:33 pm

Last edited by Marionberry on Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue May 18, 2010 12:33 pm

IAFG wrote:upon further reflection, sit this LSAT out.
Psh. You are either rally or choke. If you can't turn off your emotion for 3 hours you need to nut up.

lostjake

Bronze

Post by lostjake » Tue May 18, 2010 12:34 pm

Sorry to break it to you but she's probably cheating on you. Only a real loser would break up with someone knowing they had to take the LSAT in a couple of weeks. Sorry dude. Best bet is a guys night out 2 or 3 days before the LSAT, maybe bring home some strange. That will cheer you up.

WWAD

Bronze

Post by WWAD » Tue May 18, 2010 12:35 pm

BigFatPanda wrote:
jr8966 wrote:
A song is streaming through my head:

feel it in the air / as I'm doin' my hair / preparing for another day
A kiss upon my cheek / as he reluctantly / as if I'm gonna be out late
I say "I won't be long. Just hangin' with the girls." / A lie I didn't have to tell
Because we both know / where I'm about to go / and we know it very well

[Bridge:]
'Cause I know that he knows I'm unfaithful / and it kills him inside
To know that I am happy with some other guy / I can see him dying

Rihanna, "Unfaithful"
I don't think that was necessary. We are here to motivate. I agree, get out of the house. Go study other places, stay with some one if you can. I was just saying to look at the capital because it always motivated the hell out of me. Are you from DC? Go home. I am not saying give up on her, but she does not care about you right now, you can't worry about her. She is sabotaging you, she could have waited if she is your friend. You need to focus on the test. The more you can ignore her the better for the test and to get her to wonder why.

holydonkey

Silver

Post by holydonkey » Tue May 18, 2010 12:36 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:go study at the library or something for 3 weeks, tear the LSAT apart, deal w/ the shit later
This this this.

Use this as motivation, think of it as perfect timing. Now you can focus, without distractions, on the test. Get out of the apartment and study!!! When you own the test, you get your balls back.

The test is a metaphor. For your balls.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue May 18, 2010 12:36 pm

jr8966 wrote:Both of us are on the lease. This is the second apartment that we lived in, and we were planning to move to another city as we wanted to be closer to home. Three of us share a two bedroom.
Well go home and decide who is taking over the lease and who is leaving. You can't live in the same bedroom as your exGF. What happens when she starts dating someone else?

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Tue May 18, 2010 12:38 pm

Last edited by Marionberry on Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WWAD

Bronze

Post by WWAD » Tue May 18, 2010 12:38 pm

lostjake wrote:Sorry to break it to you but she's probably cheating on you. Only a real loser would break up with someone knowing they had to take the LSAT in a couple of weeks. Sorry dude. Best bet is a guys night out 2 or 3 days before the LSAT, maybe bring home some strange. That will cheer you up.
What the f*ck is wrong with all the haters around here. You don't know him or her. What difference does this make right now, even if you are right, it is something he does not need right now. When you are getting motivated to take the test, think about crushing peoples dreams like this guys by taking his seat or job.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue May 18, 2010 12:40 pm

WWAD wrote:
lostjake wrote:Sorry to break it to you but she's probably cheating on you. Only a real loser would break up with someone knowing they had to take the LSAT in a couple of weeks. Sorry dude. Best bet is a guys night out 2 or 3 days before the LSAT, maybe bring home some strange. That will cheer you up.
What the f*ck is wrong with all the haters around here. You don't know him or her. What difference does this make right now, even if you are right, it is something he does not need right now. When you are getting motivated to take the test, think about crushing peoples dreams like this guys by taking his seat or job.
Girls are like gorillas, they don't let go of one vine until they have a grasp on another.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jr8966

New

Post by jr8966 » Tue May 18, 2010 12:40 pm

She doesn't want to date. I really told her to leave and she responded by saying that she just wanted time to find herself. She felt that being in a relationship with me was not allowing her to focus. I am fairly certain this advice came from her parents who feal threatened by my goal to attend law school. They also think I might smooch off of her while I am in school.

Bert

Bronze

Post by Bert » Tue May 18, 2010 12:41 pm

jr8966 wrote:Both of us are on the lease. This is the second apartment that we lived in, and we were planning to move to another city as we wanted to be closer to home. Three of us share a two bedroom.
Where did "three of us" come from? Who is number 3?

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Tue May 18, 2010 12:41 pm

i don't get who would dump someone she was living with without an exit strategy/moving out.

jr8966

New

Post by jr8966 » Tue May 18, 2010 12:42 pm

3rd person is my friend. We all moved to DC from TX.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue May 18, 2010 12:43 pm

jr8966 wrote:She doesn't want to date. I really told her to leave and she responded by saying that she just wanted time to find herself. She felt that being in a relationship with me was not allowing her to focus. I am fairly certain this advice came from her parents who feal threatened by my goal to attend law school. They also think I might smooch off of her while I am in school.
1)Tell her to get the fuck out, if she doesn't you leave.

Being by herself doesn't count if you two still share a twin bed.

2) You should definitely smooch off her while you are in school if she takes you back.

WWAD

Bronze

Post by WWAD » Tue May 18, 2010 12:43 pm

jr8966 wrote:She doesn't want to date. I really told her to leave and she responded by saying that she just wanted time to find herself. She felt that being in a relationship with me was not allowing her to focus. I am fairly certain this advice came from her parents who feal threatened by my goal to attend law school. They also think I might smooch off of her while I am in school.
Stop talking about the relationship, this is about how to do well on the LSAT. You have no idea what's going on in her head and you will be the last to find out. She does not want to find herself or she would have moved out. Saying your broken up and still living together helps nothing. You need to let the relationship go like she asked and get on with the LSAT.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue May 18, 2010 12:44 pm

IAFG wrote:i don't get who would dump someone she was living with without an exit strategy/moving out.
It happens way too often, and I don't get it. If I ever move in with a woman again, I'm not going to be on the lease.

beach_terror

Platinum

Post by beach_terror » Tue May 18, 2010 12:44 pm

Although I already took the LSAT, I just went through a break up as well. Hook up with her arch nemesis... you'll feel a lot better. If she doesn't have one, go after a friend.

Yes, I'm being serious. It's helped me considerably.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”