LEED Green Associate Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
GordonBombay

Bronze

LEED Green Associate

Post by GordonBombay » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:38 pm

I know this is a distant afterthought to doing well at a good school, networking, etc etc, but I had a question about this and haven't seen it addressed on here.

If I am interested in construction law after school and particularly green building, possibly govt work, would it be an immense waste of time to become a certified LEED Green Associate? It seems like it isn't insanely time consuming (people offer 1 or 2 day classes to prep, or online, books etc) and not super expensive either. It basically is just saying that you are certified to identify what would and wouldnt qualify for LEED ratings, and equally important the credits that come with it. I have about 3 months before starting school, or was thinking about doing it either over a break or 1L summer. I would thing worst case scenario it would just be resume filler, but seems like it would show a legit interest in GB and GB regulations, as well as willingness to take initiative and make me more marketable, perhaps establish a specialty

I tried to find info about lawyers that are LEED GA and I found a number of press releases from large firms where attorneys had gained accreditation. So judging by that it seems like it would be looked upon favorably.

Any thoughts?

jesuis

New

Re: LEED Green Associate

Post by jesuis » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:20 pm

Sounds like you should go for it!

If it does take as little time as you say it does to get certified, then it seems like it can only be useful for your future...

GordonBombay

Bronze

Re: LEED Green Associate

Post by GordonBombay » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:27 pm

Ive spoken to someone else and it seems like it's a little more extensive. Costs about $1000 for the prep courses of which there are two. All the same it still is something that can be done independently. I'm looking into it more now

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”