The Process of Waitlisting..what to do now!

countpillager

The Process of Waitlisting..what to do now!

Postby countpillager » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:43 am

I just found out I'm waitlisted at my Number One Choice Law School! You'd think i'd be disappointed, but I am ecstatic! :) My GPA/LSAT wasn't as strong as it should be due to a laundry list of excuses health/jobs/sports/life crisis (that i left out of my application purposefully).

The school is 8 hours from where I live. My dad suggested I hop in the car, drive down there and introduce myself to the Dean, his assistant, or even his secretary, just to show HOW interested I really am. The letter the school sent me, said that they incourage applicants to show continued interest throughout the waitlist process. I'm ready to put on a nice suit, a smile, with expectations of a 5 minute chat with SOMEONE, so they see my face and remember my name next time a seat becomes available.

Any opinions, advice or suggestions on what I should do next, or what i should bring that I might not think of?

maximus32

Re: The Process of Waitlisting..what to do now!

Postby maximus32 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:47 am

Definitely go there...

Flanker1067

Re: The Process of Waitlisting..what to do now!

Postby Flanker1067 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:48 am

I would say that it is probably a good idea but follow instructions. Often they want you to let them know you are coming and then they can schdule an appointment with you and/or let you sit in on a class. Also, I would dress nice, but not wear a suit. But that's just me.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”