Online Pre-Recorded Prep Courses

jstein

Online Pre-Recorded Prep Courses

Postby jstein » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:08 pm

Hi all,

I haven't found a post that discusses this question directly: what are the cost/benefits of any of the online recorded prep courses?

I notice that there is a significant difference in cost between them, especially with respect to Testmasters and Kaplan. Additionally, I am curious as to whether some are better for someone with a higher (165+) score on their diagnostic.

Thanks!

-J

bp colin

Re: Online Pre-Recorded Prep Courses

Postby bp colin » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:38 pm

jstein wrote:Hi all,

I haven't found a post that discusses this question directly: what are the cost/benefits of any of the online recorded prep courses?

I notice that there is a significant difference in cost between them, especially with respect to Testmasters and Kaplan. Additionally, I am curious as to whether some are better for someone with a higher (165+) score on their diagnostic.

Thanks!

-J

I work for Blueprint, and you might want to check us out. Our video course is pre-recorded, with online explanations for all games and RC, and most LR, and an email helpline. And a physical set of books. There's an active tread with people currently taking it, you could check that out and ask them what their experiences have been, if you're interested:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=110438

Feel free to PM me with any logistical questions

JasonR

Postby JasonR » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:30 pm

The real TestMasters doesn't offer an online course.

Sounds like you've been looking at the fraud Testmasters in Texas (testmasters.com). Avoid, avoid, avoid!

tomwatts

Postby tomwatts » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:01 pm

I worked on the online lessons for Princeton Review (as in, helped to make them). Ours are in Elluminate -- so, on a screen with slides that get written on, rather than a video of someone standing in front of a board.

I don't have any idea about anybody else's recorded course, but I stand behind ours as good. We show you most of the things that we'd do in the full-length Hyperlearning course, and you get the same books and stuff to practice with.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”