People who get 120-150

Tautology
Posts: 434
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:40 pm

People who get 120-150

Postby Tautology » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:17 pm

What happens to them?

lawschooliseasy
Posts: 460
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:13 pm

Re: People who get 120-150

Postby lawschooliseasy » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:21 pm

They don't go to law school. The small percentage that does racks up major debt at a TTT and ends up writing long, self-loathing exposes on JDUnderground.

Z3RO
Posts: 526
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:57 am

Re: People who get 120-150

Postby Z3RO » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:21 pm

It is my (somewhat limited) experience that if they do not get a better LSAT score, they do not go to law school.

Tautology
Posts: 434
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:40 pm

Re: People who get 120-150

Postby Tautology » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:24 pm

So basically, only about half or a little more of LSAT takers go to law school?

User avatar
Burgstaller04
Posts: 628
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: People who get 120-150

Postby Burgstaller04 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:33 pm

I have a friend who got in the mid 140's. He's attending a small TTTT school. He hopes to get high enough grades to transfer but I wouldn't want to be in his position

User avatar
FuManChusco
Posts: 1217
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: People who get 120-150

Postby FuManChusco » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:01 pm

I know a kid who pulled mid 140s with a sub 3.0 GPA. Going to a TTTT, but he just needs a law degree to work at his dad's firm. I imagine anyone else in this position would just bail on law school.

Shrimps
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:04 pm

Re: People who get 120-150

Postby Shrimps » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:06 pm

FuManChusco wrote:I know a kid who pulled mid 140s with a sub 3.0 GPA. Going to a TTTT, but he just needs a law degree to work at his dad's firm. I imagine anyone else in this position would just bail on law school.


Wow. Talk of a near total lack of professionalism. A firm no one should EVER have any business with. Warn their clients to take their business elsewhere.

User avatar
pleasetryagain
Posts: 762
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:04 am

Re: People who get 120-150

Postby pleasetryagain » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:09 pm

Shrimps wrote:
FuManChusco wrote:I know a kid who pulled mid 140s with a sub 3.0 GPA. Going to a TTTT, but he just needs a law degree to work at his dad's firm. I imagine anyone else in this position would just bail on law school.


Wow. Talk of a near total lack of professionalism. A firm no one should EVER have any business with. Warn their clients to take their business elsewhere.


Hi there.. welcome to the real world.. where this is how shit works..

fiftyonefifty
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:49 am

Re: People who get 120-150

Postby fiftyonefifty » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:10 pm

LSN has someone with a 148 accepted to Berkeley this cycle.

Shrimps
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:04 pm

Re: People who get 120-150

Postby Shrimps » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:16 pm

pleasetryagain wrote:
Shrimps wrote:
FuManChusco wrote:I know a kid who pulled mid 140s with a sub 3.0 GPA. Going to a TTTT, but he just needs a law degree to work at his dad's firm. I imagine anyone else in this position would just bail on law school.


Wow. Talk of a near total lack of professionalism. A firm no one should EVER have any business with. Warn their clients to take their business elsewhere.


Hi there.. welcome to the real world.. where this is how shit works..


Um.. not everywhere. But yeah, you have your usual rustbelt junior-junior morons who inherited their near-failing businesses from their granddaddies, doing business with equally moronic nepotistic lawyers and other such fluff, and then whining about China and demanding protectionism.

Ever noticed how the most successful (perhaps the only successful) industries in America are ruthlessly, pointedly meritocratic - the Silicon Valley being an obvious example?

Seriously, nepotism (and pretty much everything and anything dependent on connections - union jobs being an even more disgusting example) is dangerous to the economy and I strongly recommend ceasing to do business with any firm that has even a whiff of it going on. For America. (/saluting the flag)

User avatar
quasi-stellar
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:14 pm

Re: People who get 120-150

Postby quasi-stellar » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:25 pm

Shrimps wrote:Um.. not everywhere. But yeah, you have your usual rustbelt junior-junior morons who inherited their near-failing businesses from their granddaddies, doing business with equally moronic nepotistic lawyers and other such fluff, and then whining about China and demanding protectionism.

Well put :)

User avatar
cardnal124
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:31 am

Re: People who get 120-150

Postby cardnal124 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:29 pm

Shrimps wrote:
pleasetryagain wrote:
Shrimps wrote:
FuManChusco wrote:I know a kid who pulled mid 140s with a sub 3.0 GPA. Going to a TTTT, but he just needs a law degree to work at his dad's firm. I imagine anyone else in this position would just bail on law school.


Wow. Talk of a near total lack of professionalism. A firm no one should EVER have any business with. Warn their clients to take their business elsewhere.


Hi there.. welcome to the real world.. where this is how shit works..


Um.. not everywhere. But yeah, you have your usual rustbelt junior-junior morons who inherited their near-failing businesses from their granddaddies, doing business with equally moronic nepotistic lawyers and other such fluff, and then whining about China and demanding protectionism.

Ever noticed how the most successful (perhaps the only successful) industries in America are ruthlessly, pointedly meritocratic - the Silicon Valley being an obvious example?

Seriously, nepotism (and pretty much everything and anything dependent on connections - union jobs being an even more disgusting example) is dangerous to the economy and I strongly recommend ceasing to do business with any firm that has even a whiff of it going on. For America. (/saluting the flag)


+180

I would also add that this shows up in a lot of firms in terms of hiring Greek brothers and sisters from their old frat or sorority. That kind of stuff is what leads to failure on massive levels (see Arthur Anderson).

shoop
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:52 pm

Re: People who get 120-150

Postby shoop » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:16 pm

They go to Cooley and then get forced out after their first year.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandros, dj9i27, Instrumental, Tazewell and 3 guests