Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

gwk
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:06 am

Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby gwk » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:36 am

This post is for those taking or thinking about taking the Blueprint Movie course. Anyone with any qustions about methods, comparisons to other techniques, or questions in general feel free to post.

My first question for anyone out there currently taking the course is, how long does it take you to finish a lesson and all of the related homework watching all the videos for the lesson and homework as well as using the other materials provided. I find it to take a little longer than I would like.

User avatar
basicgrey7
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 10:29 pm

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby basicgrey7 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:15 pm

gwk wrote:This post is for those taking or thinking about taking the Blueprint Movie course. Anyone with any qustions about methods, comparisons to other techniques, or questions in general feel free to post.

My first question for anyone out there currently taking the course is, how long does it take you to finish a lesson and all of the related homework watching all the videos for the lesson and homework as well as using the other materials provided. I find it to take a little longer than I would like.

Hi! I have only completed 3 videos of the first lesson yet. Need to get my butt in gear, but I feel sometimes I go back to parts of the video so it does take a little time. I thought I saw somewhere it takes about 4 hours?

Have you been able to edit your profile? I added a picture but couldn't change my gender or set my profile to public.

gwk
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:06 am

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby gwk » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:06 pm

I haven't tried changing anything on my profile yet.

I am not able to get through all the videos for each lesson in 4 hours, I find if you are to do it properly it takes a bit longer. If you are trying to stay by the moderate schedule I find it takes a couple days to get through all the lessons and read through the materials that complicate it. I am in the midst of completing lesson 3. I also like how there are so many homework problems. For any of the problems I miss I have been writing them on flashcards and reviewing them. This has been a proven strategy for people who score very high. Even if you get a problem right and were uncertain of it, it is good to review it until you master the concept. I have liked their strategy on reading comprehension thus far.

makingwaves
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:04 am

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby makingwaves » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:38 pm

basicgrey7 wrote:
gwk wrote:This post is for those taking or thinking about taking the Blueprint Movie course. Anyone with any qustions about methods, comparisons to other techniques, or questions in general feel free to post.

My first question for anyone out there currently taking the course is, how long does it take you to finish a lesson and all of the related homework watching all the videos for the lesson and homework as well as using the other materials provided. I find it to take a little longer than I would like.

Hi! I have only completed 3 videos of the first lesson yet. Need to get my butt in gear, but I feel sometimes I go back to parts of the video so it does take a little time. I thought I saw somewhere it takes about 4 hours?

Have you been able to edit your profile? I added a picture but couldn't change my gender or set my profile to public.


The 4 hrs is what they say it takes approx. when you look at their schedule on the main page. I'm using their schedule as a rough guide (I tend to have alot more time on the weekends because of my work schedule) but will be adding in whole tests as we get closer.

I've been watching the whole lesson all at once, then working through the homework, then going back to the sections of the lesson I totally goof up on. I like to watch the video explanations for the games even if I got them all right because i'm having trouble with diagramming. I'm not terrible at LG to start with but I tend to do them in my head. This method tends to result in silly mistakes so i'm really dedicating alotttt of time to learning how to diagram.

User avatar
basicgrey7
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 10:29 pm

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby basicgrey7 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:30 pm

I am already loving their LR explanations. For me it makes a lot more sense in my head than Powerscore. The torpedo for the No conditional statements is amazing! At first I thought it was stupid but it really does help!

User avatar
basicgrey7
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 10:29 pm

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby basicgrey7 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:30 pm

Welcome makingwaves!

tipler4213
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 am

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby tipler4213 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:58 pm

a
Last edited by tipler4213 on Thu May 17, 2012 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

gwk
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:06 am

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby gwk » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:28 pm

basicgrey7 wrote:I am already loving their LR explanations. For me it makes a lot more sense in my head than Powerscore. The torpedo for the No conditional statements is amazing! At first I thought it was stupid but it really does help!



I did the powerscore bibles as well and even tough their methods are similar i like BPs better. I thought the same about the No torpedo as well, but now I like it. I also like their method for unless/until/except/without better than PS.

User avatar
basicgrey7
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 10:29 pm

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby basicgrey7 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:40 pm

gwk wrote:
basicgrey7 wrote:I am already loving their LR explanations. For me it makes a lot more sense in my head than Powerscore. The torpedo for the No conditional statements is amazing! At first I thought it was stupid but it really does help!



I did the powerscore bibles as well and even tough their methods are similar i like BPs better. I thought the same about the No torpedo as well, but now I like it. I also like their method for unless/until/except/without better than PS.

I <3 that too! I feel like different people learn different ways and BP is more my way.

User avatar
basicgrey7
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 10:29 pm

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby basicgrey7 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:51 pm

tipler4213 wrote:Two Questions for potential purchaser:
1. How many 4 hour-ish lessons are there?
2. Would it be good for someone who has done 25 practice tests and the Bibles, but scored below their PT average (167) and is therefore retaking?

16 Lessons and five HUGE books
There are also podcasts for all of them. There are reading comprehension markups (the way you should be marking up the passage), games diagrams, and logical reasoning explanations. You can also input your test scores and they will tell you your problem areas. I think its worth it, you can only improve :).

makingwaves
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:04 am

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby makingwaves » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:25 pm

basicgrey7 wrote:I am already loving their LR explanations. For me it makes a lot more sense in my head than Powerscore. The torpedo for the No conditional statements is amazing! At first I thought it was stupid but it really does help!


I love them too! PS's conditional reasoning made my head spin honestly. I thought BP's explanations were a little silly too, but the torpedo, and the 'if not' approach made this lightbulb go off in my head and now I am officially in love!

I definitely can see how PS might help some people, but I just can't sit and read and pick it up in two seconds, I need to sit and have somebody explain it to me, so the BP video lessons are great.

tipler, I wasn't planning on taking a course but my parents offered to foot the bill. Its on the cheaper side as far as prep courses go and I really am feeling improvement in the way I'm approaching questions etc., even after only being at it for 3wks.

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7961
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby Pleasye » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:36 pm

hey guys! I'm seriously considering signing up for Blueprint the movie. I've been trying to self study but I just haven't been doing enough by myself. A couple of questions:

Do you stream the videos online? and if you do does anyone with slow internet (mine is slow sometimes and fast sometimes) have experience using the videos? I wouldn't want to be stuck with a bunch of frozen videos haha

I'm taking the June LSAT, do you think I still have enough time to get the materials/go through all the lessons before the test? (aka will this be worth it for me?)

and last question...how long did it take for you guys to get the materials in the mail? (I'm in LA if that helps)

thanks in advance for your help and hopefully we will all be studying together soon! :)

WWAD
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:38 pm

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby WWAD » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:52 pm

I only gave myself a month the first time I took the test and got the materials quickly. The videos you can access immediately. I think you will have enough time. I had too little with only a month. Now I am going back and doing PS stuff. It is true that you find what works for you the more you do because some of the power score stuff works much better for me. I am still glad I did BP though because I would not have gotten through PS without a background and the videos are so easy. Just make sure you do all the homework and more.

r3dhat
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:27 pm

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby r3dhat » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:55 pm

I am only one lesson in, but I am really enjoying it. The PS bibles are great and everything, but I find the BP movie is crystallizing my approaches in ways the bibles cant. Totally worth it imo.

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7961
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby Pleasye » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:17 pm

r3dhat wrote:I am only one lesson in, but I am really enjoying it. The PS bibles are great and everything, but I find the BP movie is crystallizing my approaches in ways the bibles cant. Totally worth it imo.


thanks r3dhat I think that's what I need too...the LGB is great but I get easily discouraged when I don't exactly "get it" when I read it. I hope BP will help me do that with actual people explaining stuff.

and thanks WWAD I definitely plan on doing the homework (that's one of the main reasons I want to take the course so I have someone telling me what I need to do)

I think I will be signing up very soon

bp colin
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:08 pm

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby bp colin » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:27 pm

Hey everybody, I actually work for Blueprint. I'm currently one of the people manning the email helpline (don't forget about that if you get stuck on something), so I've corresponded with a whole ton of students taking the Movie course. It can be easy to fall behind (you just keep telling yourself that you'll make up for it next week, then the next week, etc), so you should be really careful about that. You can use the study schedule provided or tweak it and make one of your own, but make sure that it gives you enough study time, and make sure you stick with it. If you procrastinate now, that can lead to having to take the October test later. I've definitely seen it happen.

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7961
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby Pleasye » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:57 pm

bp colin wrote:Hey everybody, I actually work for Blueprint. I'm currently one of the people manning the email helpline (don't forget about that if you get stuck on something), so I've corresponded with a whole ton of students taking the Movie course. It can be easy to fall behind (you just keep telling yourself that you'll make up for it next week, then the next week, etc), so you should be really careful about that. You can use the study schedule provided or tweak it and make one of your own, but make sure that it gives you enough study time, and make sure you stick with it. If you procrastinate now, that can lead to having to take the October test later. I've definitely seen it happen.


bp: when does the study schedule start from? does it change when you start at a different time (I'm signing up soon hopefully but others have obviously started)?

bp colin
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:08 pm

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby bp colin » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:10 pm

LSpleaseee wrote:
bp colin wrote:Hey everybody, I actually work for Blueprint. I'm currently one of the people manning the email helpline (don't forget about that if you get stuck on something), so I've corresponded with a whole ton of students taking the Movie course. It can be easy to fall behind (you just keep telling yourself that you'll make up for it next week, then the next week, etc), so you should be really careful about that. You can use the study schedule provided or tweak it and make one of your own, but make sure that it gives you enough study time, and make sure you stick with it. If you procrastinate now, that can lead to having to take the October test later. I've definitely seen it happen.


bp: when does the study schedule start from? does it change when you start at a different time (I'm signing up soon hopefully but others have obviously started)?


We list three different schedules that you can use; extended (starts tomorrow), moderate (starts end of March), and condensed (starts mid-April). You can of course modify them, though. You could merge the extended and the moderate schedules, and start in about a week. Just be aware that the longer you wait, the more condensed it's going to be (it's a lot of work no matter when you start). I wouldn't recommend starting any later than mid-April unless you have tons of time, and a good reason to not begin earlier.

Paulzilla
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:33 pm

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby Paulzilla » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:22 pm

When does enrollment begin for the October exam and how long is the material available after you sign up?

bp colin
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:08 pm

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby bp colin » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:22 am

Paulzilla wrote:When does enrollment begin for the October exam and how long is the material available after you sign up?


You can sign up whenever you want. You get your books shipped right away, and you get access to the material for the two administrations after you sign up, with it expiring two weeks after the second administration. So if you signed up now, you would have access until two weeks after the October test. If you signed up right after the June test you would have access until two weeks after the December test, etc.

User avatar
basicgrey7
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 10:29 pm

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby basicgrey7 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:29 am

I live in Illinois and ordered on a Tuesday night and got my materials the next week Thursday if that helps.

User avatar
basicgrey7
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 10:29 pm

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby basicgrey7 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:33 am

<---- I'll have to see if I can get a picture of Zakk with my Blueprint book instead of the Powerscore. He just loves to lay in my spot and all over my stuff if I walk away!

User avatar
basicgrey7
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 10:29 pm

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby basicgrey7 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:35 am

bp colin wrote:
Paulzilla wrote:When does enrollment begin for the October exam and how long is the material available after you sign up?


You can sign up whenever you want. You get your books shipped right away, and you get access to the material for the two administrations after you sign up, with it expiring two weeks after the second administration. So if you signed up now, you would have access until two weeks after the October test. If you signed up right after the June test you would have access until two weeks after the December test, etc.

Are you supposed to put a lot of outside time into the class? Besides your materials?

User avatar
basicgrey7
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 10:29 pm

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby basicgrey7 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:06 am

.

bp colin
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:08 pm

Re: Bueprint Movie Course for June/October 2010 LSAT

Postby bp colin » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:15 am

basicgrey7 wrote:
bp colin wrote:
Paulzilla wrote:When does enrollment begin for the October exam and how long is the material available after you sign up?


You can sign up whenever you want. You get your books shipped right away, and you get access to the material for the two administrations after you sign up, with it expiring two weeks after the second administration. So if you signed up now, you would have access until two weeks after the October test. If you signed up right after the June test you would have access until two weeks after the December test, etc.

Are you supposed to put a lot of outside time into the class? Besides your materials?


Well, for each lesson the homework can take 4-8 hours or more. As I'm sure you know, the lessons can take quite a while to go through as well. So for each lesson plus its homework, you could be looking at 8-12 hours, maybe more. Lessons 14-16 are gigantic (over 100 pages each), so those will take even longer. Then you also have the practice tests, workshops, time trials, and all the extra tests in the supplement book. If you do all the work, and do it thoroughly, you really probably won't have time for anything outside of the BP class.

Even if you do have time, using any other materials would be redundant for the most part. Your books include every single released question since 1991 (the first year of the modern LSAT). Any book you would buy in a bookstore or anywhere else would have the exact same questions that you'll have in the BP curriculum (the exception being LSAC's SuperPrep which has the otherwise unreleased Feb tests from 96, 99, and 00, and books where they write their own LSAT questions).




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: #gobroncos, Bing [Bot], gaandrsn, GurleyGurleyGone, Majestic-12 [Bot], mrgstephe and 13 guests