JUNE 2010...Where are you in your studying? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
gbpackerbacker

Silver

JUNE 2010...Where are you in your studying?

Post by gbpackerbacker » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:19 pm

I finished the LG Bible this week, hoping to finish LR Bible by next Sunday. I am waiting to take PrepTests until after I finish both bibles... Where are you in your LSAT prep?

Knock

Platinum

Re: JUNE 2010...Where are you in your studying?

Post by Knock » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:52 pm

gbpackerbacker wrote:I finished the LG Bible this week, hoping to finish LR Bible by next Sunday. I am waiting to take PrepTests until after I finish both bibles... Where are you in your LSAT prep?
heres my study schedule (roughly):
(X) LG Bible
(x) LG grouped by type in PT 19-38
(_) LR Bible (continue practicing the difficult LG from PT 19-38)
(_) LR grouped by type PT 19-38 (continue practicing the difficult LG from PT 19-38)
(_) RC Bible (continue practicing the difficult LG and LR from PT 19-38)
(_) RC (grouped by type?) from PT 19-38 (continue practicing the difficult LG and LR from PT 19-38)
(_) a few PT's (maybe 39-43 or something) or maybe SuperPrep A,B,C?
(_) identify weaknesses
(_) tutor to correct weaknesses
(_) PT 44-59 whole timed

just finished up the LG grouped by type from PT's 19-38 this afternoon, going to start going through the LR Bible tomorrow, and continue doing a few LG a day so I don't get too rusty
Last edited by Knock on Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gbpackerbacker

Silver

Post by gbpackerbacker » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:54 pm

Knockglock wrote:
gbpackerbacker wrote:I finished the LG Bible this week, hoping to finish LR Bible by next Sunday. I am waiting to take PrepTests until after I finish both bibles... Where are you in your LSAT prep?

what do you think about this study schedule:
(X) LG Bible
(_) LR grouped by type PT 19-38 (continue practicing the difficult LG from PT 19-38)
(_) RC (grouped by type?) from PT 19-38 (continue practicing the difficult LG and LR from PT 19-38)
(_) identify weaknesses
(_) PT 44-59 whole timed

just finished up the LG grouped by type from PT's 19-38 this afternoon, going to start going through the LR Bible tomorrow, and continue doing a few LG a day so I don't get too rusty
How did you do on the LG sections? Where are you getting them grouped?

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:57 pm

gbpackerbacker wrote:
Knockglock wrote:

what do you think about this study schedule:
(X) LG Bible
(_) identify weaknesses
(_) PT 44-59 whole timed

How did you do on the LG sections? Where are you getting them grouped?
I'm slowly but surely improving, I can tell that I am getting better at logic games, definitely miss a question or two usually and I can only finish like half the games on time but it's progress

Here you go: http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2009/07/lo ... types.html

Also, here is a 4 month study schedule for June: http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/4- ... -plan.html

beidoun

Bronze

Post by beidoun » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:06 pm

Took powerscore class in January. So in essence I've done all three bibles. I am currently working on 2 PTs a week and dissecting them carefully. And I am going through the powerscore lessons again. PTs at 165 avg. I am trying to get to 172.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

champ33

Bronze

Post by champ33 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:06 am

i just ordered the LG and LR bibles... should be here within the next few days. I don't know what they're like first-hand, so hoping to get through them both fully within 3 or 4 weeks then doing one or two full tests per week while looking back in the bibles at all the question types i am getting wrong. if i don't score in the 170's i'll be going to law school in fall 2010.

gbpackerbacker

Silver

Post by gbpackerbacker » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:41 am

champ33 wrote:i just ordered the LG and LR bibles... should be here within the next few days. I don't know what they're like first-hand, so hoping to get through them both fully within 3 or 4 weeks then doing one or two full tests per week while looking back in the bibles at all the question types i am getting wrong. if i don't score in the 170's i'll be going to law school in fall 2010.
What have you scored previously?

Near

New

Post by Near » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:26 am

A few points from my target, and a long road of PTs in front of me.

champ33

Bronze

Post by champ33 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:12 pm

gbpackerbacker wrote:
champ33 wrote:i just ordered the LG and LR bibles... should be here within the next few days. I don't know what they're like first-hand, so hoping to get through them both fully within 3 or 4 weeks then doing one or two full tests per week while looking back in the bibles at all the question types i am getting wrong. if i don't score in the 170's i'll be going to law school in fall 2010.
What have you scored previously?
i used a 162 to apply this cycle.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

nygal102

New

Post by nygal102 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:25 pm

I've gone through both LRB and LGB, and now taking about 2 pts a week. My weakest section is LR, so I've been categorizing the most common type of questions I get wrong and rereading the corresponding question section in LRB. Best pt so far was 166, hoping to break into the 170s.

jpSartre

Bronze

Post by jpSartre » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:41 pm

Knockglock wrote:
heres my study schedule (roughly):
(X) LG Bible
(_) identify weaknesses
(_) PT 44-59 whole timed

+1 dooda. Same here.

FuManChusco

Silver

Post by FuManChusco » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:29 pm

Done both bibles. Logic Games came easy so I've pretty much stopped studying for that except for PTs. I have 2 copies of every game 1-58 from Cambridge LSAT so I do them when I find myself with 15 minutes to kill, but I'm usually -0 with over 5 minutes to spare so I'm not worried. LR is taking a little longer to master, but timed I'm usually -4 at worst, so it's getting there. Hoping to get my accuracy down to -0/-1 consistently, then I'll work on timing more. RC is RC. I've been reading the economist regularly for a while and basically just doing sections looking for question types. I've done like 4 full PTs, but I've been taking a break for a while because it's not even March and I'm basically done studying for 2 sections. I just need to put it together now so I can hit that elusive 170+.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:38 pm

FuManChusco wrote:Done both bibles. Logic Games came easy so I've pretty much stopped studying for that except for PTs. I have 2 copies of every game 1-58 from Cambridge LSAT so I do them when I find myself with 15 minutes to kill, but I'm usually -0 with over 5 minutes to spare so I'm not worried. LR is taking a little longer to master, but timed I'm usually -4 at worst, so it's getting there. Hoping to get my accuracy down to -0/-1 consistently, then I'll work on timing more. RC is RC. I've been reading the economist regularly for a while and basically just doing sections looking for question types. I've done like 4 full PTs, but I've been taking a break for a while because it's not even March and I'm basically done studying for 2 sections. I just need to put it together now so I can hit that elusive 170+.
Wow, sounds like you're way ahead! did the LG just come naturally for you or something? thats pretty amazing!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sluguy14

Bronze

Post by sluguy14 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:39 pm

when you all are doing PTs, do you do a test all at once or do you split them up into sections? I've been doing timed sections, but rarely do I ever get the opportunity to do more than 2 consecutively. So, for instance, I'll do 2 sections one day, then a section the next day, then the final section the day after that- then I'll check my answers and compute my score for the test. How is everyone else handling the PTs? And for the more experienced among us, do you find that doing a test straight through affects your score?

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:42 pm

sluguy14 wrote:when you all are doing PTs, do you do a test all at once or do you split them up into sections? I've been doing timed sections, but rarely do I ever get the opportunity to do more than 2 consecutively. So, for instance, I'll do 2 sections one day, then a section the next day, then the final section the day after that- then I'll check my answers and compute my score for the test. How is everyone else handling the PTs? And for the more experienced among us, do you find that doing a test straight through affects your score?
I'm not that experienced, but I was planning on taking them straight through, because one of the biggest difficulties of the LSAT is mental fatigue, and taking it through helps to build endurance, timing, and overall familiarity and ease with taking the test as a whole.

And also, if you do bad at one section, recovering and re-focusing for the next section. As a general rule I like to practice in conditions as close to the real conditions. But if you have a hard time finding a block of several hours, practicing a couple sections is better than none at all or just a single section.

beidoun

Bronze

Post by beidoun » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:25 pm

sluguy14 wrote:when you all are doing PTs, do you do a test all at once or do you split them up into sections? I've been doing timed sections, but rarely do I ever get the opportunity to do more than 2 consecutively. So, for instance, I'll do 2 sections one day, then a section the next day, then the final section the day after that- then I'll check my answers and compute my score for the test. How is everyone else handling the PTs? And for the more experienced among us, do you find that doing a test straight through affects your score?
I try to simulate test conditions as much as possible. I take do 4 sections in a row, with a 30 second break in between to reset my watch. I am going to start doing 5 and 6 sections PT soon. Doing the PT's as close to the real exam will help you get mentally ready for the exam. I do not think doing the sections separate would give me an accurate examination as to were I am at in my studying. If you can do them all in one sitting, I would highly recommend it.

FuManChusco

Silver

Post by FuManChusco » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:24 pm

Knockglock wrote:Wow, sounds like you're way ahead! did the LG just come naturally for you or something? thats pretty amazing!
Yeah, I just went through the bible and by the end of it, I was good. It's really easy for me to find inferences, and I can run through hypotheticals in my head if I get stuck. I wish I was naturally better at RC though. Anyone can get a -0 on games with enough practice, but it takes a special kind of person to get a -0 on RC.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Shrimps

Bronze

Post by Shrimps » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:12 am

Really? I get 0.33 mistakes on RC on average (but I haven't done the recent, reputedly harder tests - saving them for May). I constantly run out of time on AR sections, though - so under real test conditions could easily end up with -7 or worse. I haven't done the LGB yet (starting tomorrow - yay), so I'm hoping they'll teach me something. But really, my least favorite type of question on the entire LSAT is the last question of many games: what is the total possible/what is the total number of combinations .... Get them wrong most of the time.

Aimhigh99

New

Post by Aimhigh99 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:31 am

just finished LR bible...

i should start grouping questions together...

legalized

Bronze

Post by legalized » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:14 pm

Chapter 3 LG bible. Finishing the whole book within next 2 weeks. No issues that i remember from diagnostic with RC or LR so no plans to get through those books. Just straight practice testing after I am done with this book.

At least 30 of them.

Shrimps

Bronze

Post by Shrimps » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:35 pm

legalized wrote:
gbpackerbacker wrote:. No issues that i remember from diagnostic with RC or LR so no plans to get through those books.
How many questions did you get wrong on LR?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

DavidYurman85

Bronze

Post by DavidYurman85 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:12 pm

I'm totally slacking. I've been avoiding this forum like the plague, because I should be ahead of schedule. I'm still on chapter one of the LG Bible. This has been a busy semester with fulltime work and school. I'm hoping to get in a consistent routine. From what I've seen so far, the material seems pretty helpful.

DaveBear07

Bronze

Post by DaveBear07 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:14 pm

I am aiming to finish the LGB this weekend (just 2 games and Chapter 9 to go) so that I can do the LRB for March. During March I'll also be doing the older PT's games sections. Then once April is here I'll finish the LRB and start drilling sections/doing older PT's.

In May I will start doing the newest PT's while reviewing the Bibles as needed. Also, I'll be home from this semester on the 9th. That's 4 whole weeks of heavy LSAT Prep. Man, I'm stoked.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:19 pm

DaveBear07 wrote:I am aiming to finish the LGB this weekend (just 2 games and Chapter 9 to go) so that I can do the LRB for March. During March I'll also be doing the older PT's games sections. Then once April is here I'll finish the LRB and start drilling sections/doing older PT's.

In May I will start doing the newest PT's while reviewing the Bibles as needed. Also, I'll be home from this semester on the 9th. That's 4 whole weeks of heavy LSAT Prep. Man, I'm stoked.
Lucky! I will be in my finals week during the June LSAT :x

Shrimps

Bronze

Post by Shrimps » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:35 pm

Why do you want to take it in June then? Why not September?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”