So when will the makeup test be? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
dc20854

New

Re: So when will the makeup test be?

Post by dc20854 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:50 pm

keg411 wrote:
dc20854 wrote:If we haven't gotten an email yet saying that our exam is on 2/20, do you think this mean its 2/27?? LSAC said they would send an email by latest Wed, and I still haven't gotten any word. I figure they would give us more than 3 days of notice right? HELP.

Im taking it at AU in DC, LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE TOO. IM FREAKING OUT!! I soooo would rather just have this be done and over with :cry:
Today is Monday and things are closed for President's Day. If you don't get an e-mail tomorrow or Wednesday, then your test will likely be 2/27. Read what you wrote: "by the latest Wed". Today is Monday. Chill.

It just sucks because I need to know how to timeline my studying. Lots of people around me already found out and I don't get why AU is being kept in the dark. I want to take my most recent practice tests closer to the test date and don't want to use them up if I have to wait an extra week til 2/27.

nonprofit-prophet

Silver

Post by nonprofit-prophet » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:01 pm

I feel the same way. I also need to book a hotel near the test center, since I live pretty far away. Being notified earlier would save me some money

SB87

New

Post by SB87 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:04 pm

Just wondering - do you guys know what MD/DC test centers have already had their make-up dates confirmed? And how much of heads up did LSAC give you?

I heard that LSAC will never admit to it, but we'll probably get a previously undisclosed Feb LSAT as our test. This way they won't have to create a new curve/raw score conversion chart and we can get our scores faster (since they promise they won't be delayed). Wonder if this is true...

SB87

New

Post by SB87 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:43 pm

Ok so I'm taking it at AU and I just talked to someone there and he was saying that the reason AU hasn't scheduled a make-up test yet is because they CAN'T accommodate the make-up days (the 20th OR the 27th). He said that they are working with LSAC and Catholic University to see if they can figure something out with moving us to their location.

So my question is, does anyone know if Catholic scheduled a make-up exam yet??

What a mess.

nonprofit-prophet

Silver

Post by nonprofit-prophet » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:31 pm

That would be terrible. I picked AU because I heard they had great facilities.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

GentlemanJim

Bronze

Post by GentlemanJim » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:14 pm

^^ Me too.

LongueFrappe

New

Post by LongueFrappe » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:52 am

can we choose which dates we want to make it up or is the final decision up to LSAC?

dreamscometrue

New

Post by dreamscometrue » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:14 pm

LSAC seems to indicate that it depends on the proctors.

j.lynn

New

Post by j.lynn » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:20 am

I guess those of us who didn't receive an email yesterday will definitely be having the test 2.27?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

rv11

Bronze

Post by rv11 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:38 am

SB87 wrote:Just wondering - do you guys know what MD/DC test centers have already had their make-up dates confirmed? And how much of heads up did LSAC give you?

I heard that LSAC will never admit to it, but we'll probably get a previously undisclosed Feb LSAT as our test. This way they won't have to create a new curve/raw score conversion chart and we can get our scores faster (since they promise they won't be delayed). Wonder if this is true...
This seems a bit ambitious. Even if they use a previous test, how will they have a two day turnaroud for the Feb 27 makeup?

GentlemanJim

Bronze

Post by GentlemanJim » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:45 am

Seems a bit unambitious if you ask me, and pretty believable.

hobbsey

New

Post by hobbsey » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:33 pm

I've decided to postpone my LSAT until June... this might end up being a horrible decision since there is a 50/50 chance that I will be out of the country in which case I will have to postpone it again until December. But since the 6th, I've been working long days and not really focusing on my review. I took a PT on Monday and last night and scored way lower than usual, which was enough to convince me to take the risk. Oh well :roll:

schand

New

Post by schand » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:45 pm

Ah, I am debating whether or not to take the exam myself because of that same reason. I think it might be a good opportunity though to take it under real conditions and if I don't feel very good about it, I'll just cancel.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

rv11

Bronze

Post by rv11 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:12 pm

GentlemanJim wrote:Seems a bit unambitious if you ask me, and pretty believable.
If they can get scores out in two days, it makes me wonder why it takes them a month for a regular administration. Yes, all they have to do in this case is run it through a machine to score it, but proportionally it seems a little long for a regular test when you compare the two. Regardless, I'm taking it on the 27th and would be very pleased with a two day turnaround.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:16 pm

rv11 wrote:
GentlemanJim wrote:Seems a bit unambitious if you ask me, and pretty believable.
If they can get scores out in two days, it makes me wonder why it takes them a month for a regular administration. Yes, all they have to do in this case is run it through a machine to score it, but proportionally it seems a little long for a regular test when you compare the two. Regardless, I'm taking it on the 27th and would be very pleased with a two day turnaround.

For a new administration (a new test) they will have to

1. perform statistical analysis: They have to compare the expected difficulty of each individual question against the actual performance of each question by all test takers and identify potential problems. If the expected difficulty is 75% (3 out 4 get right, based on previous experimental performances) but the actual diffulty is 10% or more interesting, 99%, the they have to see why the discrepency occured. Because if actual difficulty end up drastically different than expected diffculty, they may have to a. check and potentially remove the question from scoring (happened before) or b. adjust the conversion scale.

2. They must see if any dispute arise. If they do, they have to address and adjudicate before the test result can be certified.

I don't claim to know the inner working of LSAT, but I was involved in development of some standarized testing software with ETS, and there is a lot of data crunching. With over 20k people taking the test it will take a week or more to analyze the result and then certify it.

With a previously administered test, the work has been done, and they have already certified the test (and released results). They do not have to analyze the test. They will just score the sheets then convert the score and release it. There will also be no disputes. They will not be able to change anything because how would that impact the people who already took the test and got their score?

It may be a blessing in disguise. If they gave us a previously administered nondisclosed test, maybe it would be mroe like the pretests in the early to mid 2000's. I do better on those before they changed the format in the last 2 years. I think test got a little harder.

law school hopeful

New

Post by law school hopeful » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:16 pm

Just got off the phone with LSAC (again), they confirmed that the Feb AU testers will definitely not be testing this Saturday (obviously). The woman would not tell me either of the following because nothing has been confirmed:
1. the test will actually be next weekend
2. the test will be at AU

I'm genuinely starting to believe that AU people may get screwed out of the Feb test all together. Sucks.

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:19 pm

law school hopeful wrote:Just got off the phone with LSAC (again), they confirmed that the Feb AU testers will definitely not be testing this Saturday (obviously). The woman would not tell me either of the following because nothing has been confirmed:

I'm genuinely starting to believe that AU people may get screwed out of the Feb test all together. Sucks.
Where is the next closest make-up center? Perhaps they're looking to combine.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

nonprofit-prophet

Silver

Post by nonprofit-prophet » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:05 pm

law school hopeful wrote:Just got off the phone with LSAC (again), they confirmed that the Feb AU testers will definitely not be testing this Saturday (obviously). The woman would not tell me either of the following because nothing has been confirmed:

Oh i'm taking this test! there is no way i just spent so much of my life studying for no reason.

GentlemanJim

Bronze

Post by GentlemanJim » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:38 am

Haha, yeah right. There is no way they would screw people like that. Personally, I would throw down in fisticuffs.

nonprofit-prophet

Silver

Post by nonprofit-prophet » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:32 am

I just called LSAC and they confirmed that while there is no set date or location for the AU make-up, there will certainly be a makeup. We will NOT have to wait until June. A bit of good news.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:12 am

For anyone who has received an email telling you your new test date, does your LSAT account reflect the new test date? I just saw that they reassigned my testing center online in my account, but I have not received an email. Addtionally my date in my account is still Feb 6. I hope I am not supposed to go take the test tomorrow morning :shock: They reassigned me to the center I didn't want to sign up for. Oh well.

Good luck to everyone taking tomorrow!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

GentlemanJim

Bronze

Post by GentlemanJim » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:34 am

Just got an email. American makeup at UDC next weekend. Nice to have a date, but that facility sucks.

nonprofit-prophet

Silver

Post by nonprofit-prophet » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:40 am

ah that sucks. i hear UDC is terrible

GentlemanJim

Bronze

Post by GentlemanJim » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:07 pm

I took it there last time and the proctoring was unprofessional to say the least. Plus I was in a room with about 200 people. Oh well, gotta make the best of it I suppose.

nonprofit-prophet

Silver

Post by nonprofit-prophet » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:52 pm

did you complain to lsac about the lack of professionalism?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”