How'd it go? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
algid1113

New

Re: How'd it go?

Post by algid1113 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:03 pm

had LG-LR-LG-LR-RC

can anyone tell me which games section was the exp?

legendsjd

New

Post by legendsjd » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:04 pm

Another lurker here.

Mine went RC/LG/Arg/RC/Arg

Clearly the RC was the experimental, but I'm having trouble believing that the 2nd RC was the experimental, it seemed pretty unusual to me and was much more difficult than the first. I remember the last question in the 2nd section had to do with African languages and Egypt, anyone remember?

Gwen

Bronze

Post by Gwen » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:06 pm

legendsjd wrote:Another lurker here.

Clearly the RC was the experimental, but I'm having trouble believing that the 2nd RC was the experimental, it seemed pretty unusual to me and was much more difficult than the first. I remember the last question in the 2nd section had to do with African languages and Egypt, anyone remember?
The first RC was experimental

Panther7

Bronze

Post by Panther7 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:06 pm

experimental is always one of the first three sections.

sophia38

New

Post by sophia38 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:07 pm

The African languages/Egypt was the real section. It was in my exam and I had two LGs.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

je_ne_regrette_rien

New

Post by je_ne_regrette_rien » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:08 pm

caliborn wrote:
legendsjd wrote:Another lurker here.

The first RC was experimental
Which sucks... because it was way easier. I was getting tired by the time I had the real RC.

kacee

New

Post by kacee » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:09 pm

I had LR-LG-LR-RC-LR. Was hoping for two LG's, they are the least mentally taxing for me, and by the end I was feeling pretty petered out, so I hope I did okay on the last LR. I feel like I did equally well on all three so if I'm lucky enough, the experimental one is the one that I just happened to get wrong ones in :)

I wish SO BAD we could talk about specific q's, though.

All in all I feel FANTASTIC about this test. I studied pretty hard, especially the past few weeks. Took all of yesterday off and even though I slept for SHIT last night, I walked in there today confident as hell. Looking around the room I felt like I was probably more prepared than anybody else, for whatever reason, and I managed to not feel anxious much at all except over one RC question that I just could not decide upon.

All in all I feel like I did better than any PT I took (was getting 175-177 before test). I feel as though I got them all correctly, so anything I got wrong will be mis-reading or bad luck.... gonna be a long three weeks!!! I don't know if I want to go to law school but a 180 would be a convincing argument :)

Gwen

Bronze

Post by Gwen » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:09 pm

je_ne_regrette_rien wrote:Which sucks... because it was way easier. I was getting tired by the time I had the real RC.
I felt the first RC was easier but the second RC wasn't that bad.

aristotle1776

New

Post by aristotle1776 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:10 pm

I had LG LR LG LR RC. The RC had 27 questions and had the Egyptian/Languages thing going on.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

npodlask11

New

Post by npodlask11 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:15 pm

so overall consensus of the exam? i thought it was decently difficult. the lg section seemed a little on the hard side but everything else didn't seem too bad. kind of wish i could sub my exp. rc for the logic games section...

zworld707

New

Post by zworld707 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:15 pm

For those of u who had one RC, did ur RC include blackmailing? Or something about egyptian language?

For me, i just had one LG, and it included the game with zulla and taylor?

I guess this way we can find out about which was the dummy for which test form
(sry im not being too specific in my descriptions...im just afraid id reveal too much cuz there are ppl whose exams were canceled for today)...

npodlask11

New

Post by npodlask11 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:16 pm

kacee wrote:I had LR-LG-LR-RC-LR. Was hoping for two LG's, they are the least mentally taxing for me, and by the end I was feeling pretty petered out, so I hope I did okay on the last LR. I feel like I did equally well on all three so if I'm lucky enough, the experimental one is the one that I just happened to get wrong ones in :)

I wish SO BAD we could talk about specific q's, though.

All in all I feel FANTASTIC about this test. I studied pretty hard, especially the past few weeks. Took all of yesterday off and even though I slept for SHIT last night, I walked in there today confident as hell. Looking around the room I felt like I was probably more prepared than anybody else, for whatever reason, and I managed to not feel anxious much at all except over one RC question that I just could not decide upon.

All in all I feel like I did better than any PT I took (was getting 175-177 before test). I feel as though I got them all correctly, so anything I got wrong will be mis-reading or bad luck.... gonna be a long three weeks!!! I don't know if I want to go to law school but a 180 would be a convincing argument :)
give me your brain

zworld707

New

Post by zworld707 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:17 pm

omg im so glad the egyptian was the real deal!!! omg

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

JasonR

Bronze

Post by JasonR » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:19 pm

gbn wrote:
ShiftyOne wrote:
Forcier wrote:
gbn wrote:which previous LSAT number contained a RC passage section that had to do with video taped interviews of ppl in courtrooms

I'll see if I can find it. I know what you are talking about... the old passage talked about visual displays in the courtroom reenacting crime scenes or whatever... this was was a little more specific. Interviews.
That one was 58, they are not similar at all.

This one was much easier than December, LR were easy/medium, Games medium, and RC easy. I imagine a brutal curve.
That is not the one I'm referring to. And I don't know if the curve will be brutal. It seems a lot of people messed up on LG. The LR was easy for an experienced test taker, but I recognized many questions that were subtle enough to attract less experienced ones. Most takers I talked to had their RC passage in the second half, and they were probably tired while completing it. I imagine the curve will be -11, -12 or better. Although we'll never find out unless they publish this test down the road. Is there any support to the claim that since February contains a lot less test takers, and potentially less strong ones who wrote in earlier sittings, that the curve might be more forgiving?
No. The curve is almost completely predetermined by the performance of people who took parts of your test as their experimental sections.

EricBerry

Bronze

Post by EricBerry » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:19 pm

Bombed it.
Last edited by EricBerry on Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

feblsat10

New

Post by feblsat10 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:21 pm

Ok so the real LG with the classes and terms. I could not for the life of me see how many terms there were. Just 1 and 2 right?

zworld707

New

Post by zworld707 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:22 pm

feblsat10 wrote:Ok so the real LG with the classes and terms. I could not for the life of me see how many terms there were. Just 1 and 2 right?
yeah this one was real
and there were just two terms lol

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

s0ph1e2007

Silver

Post by s0ph1e2007 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:25 pm

Clearly everyone's first section was experimental

whew! I thought the first LG was crazy on time constraints although i reversed one of the rules for most of the game in my last logic game in the real sction so i still got at least a couple wrong which really really sucks because LG is supposed to me my freaking lock

trutherd

New

Post by trutherd » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:25 pm

LG is normally my best (-0/1) and I absolutely choked today. Not sure if it was nerves or what since many seem to think they were easy but I didn't even get to answer 8 questions on the first and 5 on the second (I had 2 LG's).

I spent so much time studying over the past couple of months, saw my scores steadily and consistently rise to 172-175, and now just feel like someone threw a brick and it hit me squarely in the face...
Last edited by trutherd on Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

charlesxavier

Bronze

Post by charlesxavier » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:26 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:Clearly everyone's first section was experimental

whew! I thought the first LG was crazy on time constraints although i reversed one of the rules for most of the game in my last logic game in the real sction so i still got at least a couple wrong which really really sucks because LG is supposed to me my freaking lock
My first section was LG and I think it was the read deal...and really hard.

aristotle1776

New

Post by aristotle1776 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:26 pm

sophie2007 - I hope you are right!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

idkmybffjill

New

Post by idkmybffjill » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:28 pm

What was the game everyone is referencing as the "terms" game about again? Just trying to jog the memory and remember which one that was..

JasonR

Bronze

Post by JasonR » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:29 pm

keg411 wrote:
ShiftyOne wrote:From what I have heard the curves are set over 3 are so years based on experimentals, thus they don't really shift because of the real test.
That is what I used to think, but the December curve seemed to match the test.
What do you mean exactly? The December test was curved the way it was because the test was substantially harder than usual.

becauseimaddicted

New

Post by becauseimaddicted » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:30 pm

I had LR-LG-LR-RC-LR

No problems on the first two LR or the LG, but I found RC and the second LG more difficult. The wharton passage kind of tripped me up because I couldn't really ascertain the author's tone (appreciative?) And the languages was difficult because I was running out of time. LR got hard for me early on, some question about bridges tripped me up and then another about nullifying a subpoena. LR is my strongest section and I'm guessing I went -3 on the last section. Otherwise, I feel good about my performance (having royally screwed up the lsat twice before, 161 and 160 when I was scoring 169-173 in practice, I think I earned it).

je_ne_regrette_rien

New

Post by je_ne_regrette_rien » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:33 pm

Agreed. I spent way too much time on that stupid bridge question. Still not sure.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”