Accommodations for physical injury Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
whuts4lunch

Bronze

Accommodations for physical injury

Post by whuts4lunch » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:28 pm

I want to re-take the LSAT in June.

I have a pretty severe hip/leg problem and am concerned about sitting down in a desk chair combo for the 4 hour LSAT. My biggest concern is not that I can't do it on one day, but that I couldn't possibly sit for full practice tests again and again. I took the LSAT before and did well, but not as high as my practice tests predicted and I think its possible that, since I did not, because I could not, sit through full practices without adjusting my leg or stretching, I was disadvantaged.

I am seeking accommodations like a separate desk and chair or a podium, which I think is much different then, say, an accommodation like extra time that changes the manner in which the test is administered. However, if I sign up for accommodations, schools will see that I had an accommodation but would not know what the accommodation was. My LSAT score would also not be factored into the schools USNews reporting, which could pose significant problems for me since I don't have a top GPA.

What should I do? Sign up with or without accommodations? Any other ideas?

TheTopBloke

Bronze

Re: Accommodations for physical injury

Post by TheTopBloke » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:38 pm

If you believe, that with the proper desk, you can sit the standard time, then I suggest simply emailing LSAC and explaining your situation. They should have no problem accommodating you in this way, and I don't believe it will be noted. It gets trickier if you ask for extra time, so I would avoid that if at all possible. However, if you must get extra time, they will provide it, but it will also be noted on the LSAT when submitted to admissions at schools you apply to.

whuts4lunch

Bronze

Post by whuts4lunch » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:41 pm

I am saying that I do not need extra time and hope that my test isn't accounted for the same way as an extra time test. All I need is a better seating arrangement.

ConsideringLawSchool

Bronze

Post by ConsideringLawSchool » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:56 pm

If possible, try to scout out test sites to see if the "normal" setup in any of them could work

also, though, you say you'll be fine for taking the test, and LSAC can't help you practice....

spearnreel

New

Post by spearnreel » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:38 pm

whuts4lunch wrote:I want to re-take the LSAT in June.

I have a pretty severe hip/leg problem and am concerned about sitting down in a desk chair combo for the 4 hour LSAT.

What should I do? Sign up with or without accommodations? Any other ideas?
I suggest take the test standing.

TheTopBloke

Bronze

Post by TheTopBloke » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:53 am

I was considering this scenario at UCLA. The seating was horrible. There were full size tables up front and normal chairs. In the end I didn't do it, but if I had requested 'comfortable' seating, I don't believe LSAC would have noted it. It does not seem to me something that would require special attention of the admissions depts. Email LSAC and let us know what they say.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”