need advice for order of sections exam to improve timing Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
vivecan005

New

need advice for order of sections exam to improve timing

Post by vivecan005 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:07 pm

Folks:
I am thinking to do the logic games section the end of exam? Can I do that? Can I start doing Logical reasoning section first? Logic Games section requires diagram and good analysis which is time consuming so I am planning to put this section at very end and do Reading comprehension, Logical reasoning first so by the time I will move to Games, I will have completed all other section? Is it allowed in actual exam to use your time as per your own choice throughout the exam? Or we just have choice that we can select question among other questions given in a section but we must work on a section as per the order on exam? Please advice??

Let's say 4 sections in actual exam are given in this order:

Section 1: Logic Games 26 questions 35 minutes 9:00 AM till (9AM)+ 35 minutes
Section 2: Logical reasoning 25 questions 35 minutes ((9AM)+ 35 minutes)+ 35 minutes
Section 3: Logical reasoning 25 questions 35 minutes (((9AM)+ 35 minutes)+ 35 minutes) + 35 minutes
Section 4: Reading comprehension 25 question 35 minutes ((((9AM)+ 35 minutes)+ 35 minutes) + 35 minutes
)+ 35 minutes

I want to do above exam in this order:

Section 2: Logical reasoning 25 questions 35 minutes
Section 3: Logical reasoning 25 questions 35 minutes
Section 4: Reading comprehension 25 question 35 minutes
Section 1: Logic Games 26 questions 35 minutes

Can I do this?

driveshaft

New

Re: need advice for order of sections exam to improve timing

Post by driveshaft » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:17 pm

No.

Woozy

Bronze

Post by Woozy » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:09 pm

You must do them in the order they are given, which will be pretty much random. Also, there will be 5 sections.

vivecan005

New

Post by vivecan005 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:15 pm

Woozy wrote:You must do them in the order they are given, which will be pretty much random. Also, there will be 5 sections.

Thank you very much for all advice. So how it Actually works because once they have given your answer sheet (OMR sheet with blank ovals) it has all the numbers from question 1 to question 101 and candidate also has full exam paper which hs all the question so if proctor find that it is 9:15 AM (EST) and I am working on question number 35 so will he take action? just because I should work on question number 2? Will the proctor personally come and see that on what question Tom, Dick and Jesus are working? Put some perspective on this. I am assuming LSAT will start on 9:00 AM

I just love big font and italics.

Huluba23

Bronze

Post by Huluba23 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:25 pm

You will get a misconduct irregularity if they see you working on the wrong section.

The big numbers on the bottom of the page clue them in to that.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lsatrehtard

New

Post by lsatrehtard » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:48 pm

you can read all about how the exam works through LSAC.

The answer sheet has sections, 1-5. During section 1, you are only allowed to work on section 1 and can only bubble in section 1. If you're seen bubbling in section 3 during section 5 (for example), then you'll be booted.

The exam never starts at an exact time. It depends on your test center and how well organized they are. For example, I took it at USC and we started about 30 min after the time we were supposed to show up. It just happens some times.

I have a hard time believing you're not making this thread as a joke though. I'd really recommend you go on the LSAC site and familiarize yourself with the whole process there.

vivecan005

New

Post by vivecan005 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:49 pm

Huluba23 wrote:You will get a misconduct irregularity if they see you working on the wrong section.

The big numbers on the bottom of the page clue them in to that.

Thanks for answer. So the big font of page number are the indicators telling where I am in exam. How about if I put eraser or pencil sharpner on the big number. I don't think proctor will read 9.5 New Times Roman font to see where I am. The only indicator is thepage number. Isn't it?

spearnreel

New

Post by spearnreel » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:06 pm

Just follow the rules like everyone else and will be no need for the big eraser magic act. If you are already trying to manipulate the program I would suggest you look into pursuing a different career...possibly politics.

vivecan005

New

Post by vivecan005 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:21 pm

spearnreel wrote:Just follow the rules like everyone else and will be no need for the big eraser magic act. If you are already trying to manipulate the program I would suggest you look into pursuing a different career...possibly politics.

Thanks for answer. What makes you think I am a good candidate for Political career? I can see the term "manipulate" How do you convince me and others that putting eraser or pencil sharpner on a Text or Symbolic expression such as number, is an act of "manipulation"? You want to be my career counselor and I think it will be a honor for you but tell me what potential do you see to be in political career?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lawduder

Bronze

Post by lawduder » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:18 pm

vivecan005 wrote:
spearnreel wrote:Just follow the rules like everyone else and will be no need for the big eraser magic act. If you are already trying to manipulate the program I would suggest you look into pursuing a different career...possibly politics.

Thanks for answer. What makes you think I am a good candidate for Political career? I can see the term "manipulate" How do you convince me and others that putting eraser or pencil sharpner on a Text or Symbolic expression such as number, is an act of "manipulation"? You want to be my career counselor and I think it will be a honor for you but tell me what potential do you see to be in political career?
Please stop posting like this, it is annoying. Also, don't cheat, it will come back to bite you. Grab a prep test, read the directions and be ready to take the test under the same conditions as stated by those directions.

vivecan005

New

Post by vivecan005 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:29 pm

lawduder wrote:
vivecan005 wrote:

Please stop posting like this, it is annoying. Also, don't cheat, it will come back to bite you. Grab a prep test, read the directions and be ready to take the test under the same conditions as stated by those directions.

Thanks Sir lawduder!

How can putting eraser or sharpener on a piece or text or symbolic expression like number be classified under the definition of "cheat". Is this term "cheat" is treated like a "labrador" who will come back to bite? You said "stated by those directions" Is something stated, expressed by directions in LSAT exam? Do you also love italics and large font?

kazu

Gold

Post by kazu » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:35 pm

Yeah.. even though I'm pretty sure this is a flame. (at least I'm hoping it is) besides the page number each section has its section written across the top all the pages, pretty obviously. Like, section 1 has 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 written all across the pages corresponding to that section. Obviously this is for the convenience for the proctors. And if you try to cover it up in order to work on a different section, well that's called cheating while trying to not get caught. Plus the proctors are not idiots - you will get caught.

But hey, if you still think you can get away with it please go ahead.

vivecan005

New

Post by vivecan005 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:41 pm

kazu wrote:Yeah.. even though I'm pretty sure this is a flame. (at least I'm hoping it is) besides the page number each section has its section written across the top all the pages, pretty obviously. Like, section 1 has 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 written all across the pages corresponding to that section. Obviously this is for the convenience for the proctors. And if you try to cover it up in order to work on a different section, well that's called cheating while trying to not get caught. Plus the proctors are not idiots - you will get caught.

The website: http://www.lsac.org contains a sample actual test. This is June 2007 test. If you print this test and look at the page numbers, it doesn't show page numbers like 1111.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Leeroy Jenkins

Silver

Post by Leeroy Jenkins » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:46 pm

OP: Stop discussing cheating and how you can get away it.

The mere fact that you're even contemplating this is ridiculous--people like you give lawyers a bad name.

Keep it up, dickwad.

kazu

Gold

Post by kazu » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:53 pm

vivecan005 wrote:
kazu wrote:Yeah.. even though I'm pretty sure this is a flame. (at least I'm hoping it is) besides the page number each section has its section written across the top all the pages, pretty obviously. Like, section 1 has 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 written all across the pages corresponding to that section. Obviously this is for the convenience for the proctors. And if you try to cover it up in order to work on a different section, well that's called cheating while trying to not get caught. Plus the proctors are not idiots - you will get caught.

The website: http://www.lsac.org contains a sample actual test. This is June 2007 test. If you print this test and look at the page numbers, it doesn't show page numbers like 1111.
If you buy an actual PT, or go take the test, you'll see it. I don't know why they didn't include it in their sample PT, but trust me it's there.

But honestly, I don't think anyone here wants to help you anymore, so go ahead and get caught cheating.

vivecan005

New

Post by vivecan005 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:57 pm

Lxw wrote:OP: Stop discussing cheating and how you can get away it.

The mere fact that you're even contemplating this is ridiculous--people like you give lawyers a bad name.

Keep it up, dickwad.

Thanks Lxw!
Please clarify that "candidate preparing to appear in LSAT" can be considered as a laywer and lawyer community can be defamed through act or action of "candidate preparing to appear in LSAT"

Is this your love towards these type of R&D work for LSAT so you said "Keep it up"

How the term "dickwad" can be applied in above situation?

R&D=Research and development

Leeroy Jenkins

Silver

Post by Leeroy Jenkins » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:03 am

vivecan005 wrote:Please clarify that "candidate preparing to appear in LSAT" can be considered as a laywer and lawyer community can be defamed through act or action of "candidate preparing to appear in LSAT"
No.
Is this your love towards these type of R&D work for LSAT so you said "Keep it up"
I don't understand this question and I won't respond to it.
How the term "dickwad" can be applied in above situation? [/size][/i]
I don't need to explain myself to you.
thanks for the info

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lawduder

Bronze

Post by lawduder » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:07 am

ITT: we learn why the median LSAT score is so low

vivecan005

New

Post by vivecan005 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:53 am

Lxw wrote:
vivecan005 wrote:Please clarify that "candidate preparing to appear in LSAT" can be considered as a laywer and lawyer community can be defamed through act or action of "candidate preparing to appear in LSAT"
No.
I don't understand this question and I won't respond to it.
How the term "dickwad" can be applied in above situation? [/size][/i]
I don't need to explain myself to you.
thanks for the info

Don't you think that repeating the words for one expression reduces your chance to be a good law student ot lawyer? How come the idea to put both words "I" and "myself" in your two answers, came in your mind?
Last edited by vivecan005 on Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:57 am

OP is a really uniquely entertaining troll. Tagged.

Leeroy Jenkins

Silver

Post by Leeroy Jenkins » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:08 am

vivecan005 wrote:Don't you think that repeating the words for one expression reduces your chance to be a good law student ot lawyer? How come the idea to put both words "I" and "myself" in your two answers, came in your mind?
Come back when you've mastered the English language.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

vivecan005

New

Post by vivecan005 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:35 am

Lxw wrote:
vivecan005 wrote:Don't you think that repeating the words for one expression reduces your chance to be a good law student ot lawyer? How come the idea to put both words "I" and "myself" in your two answers, came in your mind?
Come back when you've mastered the English language.
Is this "quick reply" helping you to achieve your goal?

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:50 am

OP: It was cute, but now it's getting old.

People here have been telling you the truth. On the real test, each section has VERY LARGE numbers printed on the top and bottom of every page, and if you turn to a section other than the one you are supposed to be working on, you will at a minimum receive an irregularity report and at a maximum have a permanent flag of dishonest practices put on your LSAC record.

What you are talking about doing is in fact cheating. Doing the sections in an order other than the proper order is cheating and law schools will be told about it if/when you are caught. Your petty shots at people don't improve your situation any.

vivecan005

New

Post by vivecan005 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:11 am

vanwinkle wrote:OP: It was cute, but now it's getting old.

People here have been telling you the truth. On the real test, each section has VERY LARGE numbers printed on the top and bottom of every page, and if you turn to a section other than the one you are supposed to be working on, you will at a minimum receive an irregularity report and at a maximum have a permanent flag of dishonest practices put on your LSAC record.

What you are talking about doing is in fact cheating. Doing the sections in an order other than the proper order is cheating and law schools will be told about it if/when you are caught. Your petty shots at people don't improve your situation any.
Thanks for your answer. So doing questions in your individual preference is an act or action of "cheating". where least consequence may be "irregularity report" and maximum consequence is "permanent flag" If candidate brings a paper note with few logics games sample questions and gets caught by proctor so this will be a an act or action of philanthropy and candidate will get Nobel prize because other one is an act of cheating, right?
Last edited by vivecan005 on Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:14 am

lol.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”