Powerscore bibles while taking a Kaplan course

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
sngilbert

New

Powerscore bibles while taking a Kaplan course

Postby sngilbert » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:18 pm

After reading many posts I think it is fair to say that the Powerscore bibles, all in all, are well received. I am taking the June LSAT and am thinking about taking a Kaplan prep course. However, I am apprehensive about combining Kaplan techniques with Powerscore's. I am sure it is possible to benefit from the bibles, and then glean extra information in the course. But am still apprehensive nonetheless; I have heard that this can be detrimental. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot.

ZombiesAhead

New

Re: Powerscore bibles while taking a Kaplan course

Postby ZombiesAhead » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:25 pm

I have no personal experience, but consensus here is that Kaplan (courses) are garbage. I am working with someone at the moment as well who did Kaplan and yesterday he told me that despite spending "$1000 on the Kaplan class, [he] learned more from these right here [as he pointed to his LGB/LRB]."

sngilbert

New

Postby sngilbert » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:33 pm

Appreciate the feedback.

angiej

Silver

Postby angiej » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:14 pm

Aside from whether Kaplan is subpar to Powerscore or vice versa, I think that learning two different methods may be extremely confusing. If you are already committed to the Kaplan class and can't getout of it, then try it - if your still strugging THEN switch to powerscore. But I think doing two at once will be detrimental.

lordr6747

New

Postby lordr6747 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:21 pm

Please don't do that. I tried it and it is very confusing. Stick with the bibles.

ZombiesAhead

New

Postby ZombiesAhead » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:05 pm

True - the approaches to diagramming LG are so different, and if Kaplan is anything like testmasters and other companies, they will not be having any of your non-proprietary strategies anywhere near their class or instructors. The national companies are very unwilling to incorporate the methods of any other company.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�