Indiana Law Interview

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
NYYfan213
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:51 pm

Indiana Law Interview

Postby NYYfan213 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:53 pm

Hi everyone,
I am interviewing with Indiana Bloomington at the end of this month, and was wondering if anyone who has gone through the interview process with IU or any other school has any advice. I am a splitter (158/3.75) and I'm hoping that a face-to-face interview will make up for my low LSAT score. IU is my top choice, so I want to be as prepared as possible for this interview. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

LSATahhhh
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:41 pm

Re: Indiana Law Interview

Postby LSATahhhh » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:55 pm

They interview?

NYYfan213
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:51 pm

Re: Indiana Law Interview

Postby NYYfan213 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:54 pm

According to the email I received today they do. They will be interviewing 40 applicants in the Chicago area and 40 in the Washington D.C. area... not sure why the limited numbers and locations, but maybe the interviews are geared more toward applicants who are borderline with low LSATs like me???

User avatar
AR75
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:59 pm

Re: Indiana Law Interview

Postby AR75 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:15 pm

Yeah, it's a borderline applicant decision-maker. In all that mess of people, there have to be ones who are really close. I interviewed with a school in this manner a few years ago--they generally admit the ones they choose to interview (from what I was told by admissions at the particular school I intervewed with). It seems kind of like a verification process, but you should call someone in admissions and see if they can give you a likelihood forecast. Good luck!

LSATahhhh
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:41 pm

Re: Indiana Law Interview

Postby LSATahhhh » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:17 pm

NYYfan213 wrote:According to the email I received today they do. They will be interviewing 40 applicants in the Chicago area and 40 in the Washington D.C. area... not sure why the limited numbers and locations, but maybe the interviews are geared more toward applicants who are borderline with low LSATs like me???



So what happens to the non-chicago and DC area applicants?

User avatar
AR75
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:59 pm

Re: Indiana Law Interview

Postby AR75 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:34 pm

Execution if they ask to be interviewed. They're pretty serious in B-town.

User avatar
MrOrange
Posts: 200
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:54 pm

Re: Indiana Law Interview

Postby MrOrange » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:19 am

Glad I searched for threads like this. Just got the email *that talks about the* interview*ing process*, so hopefully that's good news (reverse-splitter as compared to the OP).

And I'm also still groggy, evidently...I skipped a bunch of words up there...ugh.

BearDownChicago
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:11 am

Re: Indiana Law Interview

Postby BearDownChicago » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:04 pm

.
Last edited by BearDownChicago on Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
algren
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:50 am

Re: Indiana Law Interview

Postby algren » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:11 pm

Hmmm, I did not recieve this email although I am in Chicago. My numbers got me an unsolicited fee waiver, but I am splitter (High LSAT, Low GPA). I guess I just applied last week so maybe that's why. Hope it's not a bad sign!

User avatar
fonzerelli
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: Indiana Law Interview

Postby fonzerelli » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:52 pm

NYYfan213 wrote:Hi everyone,
I am interviewing with Indiana Bloomington at the end of this month, and was wondering if anyone who has gone through the interview process with IU or any other school has any advice. I am a splitter (158/3.75) and I'm hoping that a face-to-face interview will make up for my low LSAT score. IU is my top choice, so I want to be as prepared as possible for this interview. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!


Do you just respond to the email or call them? How did they confirm w/you?

User avatar
boilers10
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:39 pm

Re: Indiana Law Interview

Postby boilers10 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:12 pm

I received the email as well (I am interviewing in Indianapolis on 1/23/10). I just emailed them back and they emailed me with a date and time and a note that they would provide additional details later.

karmicgruve
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:54 am

Interviews

Postby karmicgruve » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:15 pm

Not to burst your bubbles but I just got off the phone to inquire about the interview invite and was told the school randomly interviews people in 3 cities nationwide: Chicago, D.C. and in I think Indy. But the funny thing is the email stated that of all scholarship applicants, 20% were students who had been granted an interview. I'm hoping the interview will help cuz my numbers are borderline as well!!

User avatar
fonzerelli
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: Interviews

Postby fonzerelli » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:18 pm

karmicgruve wrote:Not to burst your bubbles but I just got off the phone to inquire about the interview invite and was told the school randomly interviews people in 3 cities nationwide: Chicago, D.C. and in I think Indy. But the funny thing is the email stated that of all scholarship applicants, 20% were students who had been granted an interview. I'm hoping the interview will help cuz my numbers are borderline as well!!



Actual content of email: "Last year 20% of the class received full-tuition scholarships...each scholarship recipient was someone we had previously met and had personal contact with."

User avatar
fonzerelli
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: Indiana Law Interview

Postby fonzerelli » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:27 pm

NYYfan213 wrote:Hi everyone,
I am interviewing with Indiana Bloomington at the end of this month, and was wondering if anyone who has gone through the interview process with IU or any other school has any advice. I am a splitter (158/3.75) and I'm hoping that a face-to-face interview will make up for my low LSAT score. IU is my top choice, so I want to be as prepared as possible for this interview. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!


FIXED... that was last year.

BearDownChicago
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:11 am

Re: Indiana Law Interview

Postby BearDownChicago » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:34 pm

A random interview does not make any sense. Why would they randomly interview 40 applicants? Out of 2,500 applicants? Seems like it would be a waste of time/resources. BTW the email only said 2 cities.

User avatar
fonzerelli
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: Indiana Law Interview

Postby fonzerelli » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:38 pm

BearDownChicago wrote:A random interview does not make any sense. Why would they randomly interview 40 applicants? Out of 2,500 applicants? Seems like it would be a waste of time/resources. BTW the email only said 2 cities.


I agree - it's highly doubtful that this is "random." I'm considering it a great sign. I wish I had statistics on the % of people accepted after an interview.

User avatar
fonzerelli
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: Indiana Law Interview

Postby fonzerelli » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:18 pm

How is this thread pre-bumped prior to this bump? It's been at the top of the thread list for a while now.... strange.

karmicgruve
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:54 am

Re: Interviews

Postby karmicgruve » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:12 pm

fonzerelli wrote:
karmicgruve wrote:Not to burst your bubbles but I just got off the phone to inquire about the interview invite and was told the school randomly interviews people in 3 cities nationwide: Chicago, D.C. and in I think Indy. But the funny thing is the email stated that of all scholarship applicants, 20% were students who had been granted an interview. I'm hoping the interview will help cuz my numbers are borderline as well!!



Actual content of email: "Last year 20% of the class received full-tuition scholarships...each scholarship recipient was someone we had previously met and had personal contact with."


Touche, but the jist of my post was to inform OP that the adcoms claim it is a random intervew.

But thank you for the correction, i only skimmed the email.

BearDownChicago
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:11 am

Re: Indiana Law Interview

Postby BearDownChicago » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:06 pm

anyone hear back yet? i sent in a confirmation yesterday and they have not contacted me back.

threeonefour
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:25 pm

Re: Indiana Law Interview

Postby threeonefour » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:10 pm

BearDownChicago wrote:anyone hear back yet? i sent in a confirmation yesterday and they have not contacted me back.


I just received an email a few minutes ago that gave me a time for my interview. I'm excited?

User avatar
fonzerelli
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: Indiana Law Interview

Postby fonzerelli » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:13 pm

threeonefour wrote:
BearDownChicago wrote:anyone hear back yet? i sent in a confirmation yesterday and they have not contacted me back.


I just received an email a few minutes ago that gave me a time for my interview. I'm excited?


Ditto - very excited. So what are your numbers? Are we all splitters here?

BearDownChicago
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:11 am

Re: Indiana Law Interview

Postby BearDownChicago » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:02 pm

fonzerelli wrote:
threeonefour wrote:
BearDownChicago wrote:anyone hear back yet? i sent in a confirmation yesterday and they have not contacted me back.


I just received an email a few minutes ago that gave me a time for my interview. I'm excited?


Ditto - very excited. So what are your numbers? Are we all splitters here?



no sir not a splitter, above LSAT median at GPA median with unique softs

I am just hoping that want to make sure I'm not a meat head

JayCole
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:16 pm

Re: Indiana Law Interview

Postby JayCole » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:34 pm

Do you all feel as though the interview request is a good thing?

Elysium09
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:19 am

Re: Indiana Law Interview

Postby Elysium09 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:08 pm

Has anyone gone through the interview process before? The original question posed was never answered...

User avatar
boilers10
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:39 pm

Re: Indiana Law Interview

Postby boilers10 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:33 am

I interviewed last weekend (1/23) in Indianapolis. Very laid back, very short. They limit you to 20 minutes (the actual interviewers did not like the format), so really I only answered the "Why law school?" and "why IUB?" questions and asked a few of my own.




Return to “Law School FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest