Splitter retaking December LSAT

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Purple Ranger

Splitter retaking December LSAT

Postby Purple Ranger » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:33 pm

So last cycle I applied in late January and got into Northwestern w/ $, Illinois $$$$, Minnesota $$, and waitlisted at most other T14 schools.

My stats are 3.95+ and 162 LSAT. I'm not the best test taker and have really made strides. This will be my fourth take and it will be in December.

Do I apply now, and let schools know I'm retaking in December or wait until I have my score and then send in the apps?

Anybody have a good LSAT tutor they can recommend?

Jjbb938483

Re: Splitter retaking December LSAT

Postby Jjbb938483 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:07 am

They won't review your application until they receive your December LSAT score so there's no point in submitting it now if you're just going to tell them you're retaking it. That is unless I'm mistaken and some accept you based on the old score. I don't think they will though because your application isn't marked complete yet.

I know you're concerned about being waitlisted again but did you pursue any of them last year? They often waitlist to keep their acceptance rates low. If they know you will definitely enroll, they'll be more likely to accept you from the waitlist. They don't want to accept students that don't show any interest (probably less true for like T5 because they know anyone will enroll if they're accepted off the waitlist there). You'll need to send emails showing continued interest or even have a professor write another recommendation specifically for that school.

Return to “Law School FAQ”