Applying with LSAT absence. Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Thelaw23

Silver

Applying with LSAT absence.

Post by Thelaw23 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:13 pm

Hey guys.

I was absent for the October LSAT, and I am taking the December one. I was advised to have my application ready and sent out with everything before I get my December score back.

So, if I complete the applications and send them on December 5th, the day of my LSAT, do they wait for my December LSAT score?

There's no chance of them seeing an absence in October, no December score yet, and just reject on the basis of that, right?

cbbinnyc

Bronze

Re: Applying with LSAT absence.

Post by cbbinnyc » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:21 pm

Schools won't receive your application until a CAS report has been generated, and a CAS report can't be generated until you have an LSAT score. There's no reason to have your application sent out before you get an LSAT score because nobody will look at it. It's a little risky to even decide where you are going to apply without an actual score in hand.

Abraham Lincoln Uni.

Bronze

Re: Applying with LSAT absence.

Post by Abraham Lincoln Uni. » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:18 pm

In order to make a determination, the law school needs all material and a generated CAS report to review an application. If you submit an application without your LSAT score, it may not be reviewed until everything is present. You may also call the schools you are interested in applying to and asking their stance on your situation and what they advise.

Return to “Ask a Law Student”