Reapplication Decision

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:52 pm

Reapplication Decision

Postby Estro_lema » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:21 pm

Hello. I'm fairly new to this, but would appreciate any advice I can get.

My stats: 3.8/171. KJD, average sorts, volunteer work.

Out from HYS. In at Chicago ($15k/yr) and Columbia. Should I withdraw and reapply? I would retake the LSAT. Last year, (at the advice of my prelaw advisor, which I now regret...) I rushed and studied like mad for 6 weeks to take the June LSAT. Was still improving on my PT's.

My rationale would be for another shot at HYS and/or to secure a half/full scholarship at Chicago or Columbia (both of which are schools that I already love, though Columbia a bit more).

What are the risks? It seems like a gamble and I might not be willing to accept the worst outcome (which would be...?).

Thanks for your input.

User avatar
Posts: 839
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Reapplication Decision

Postby Clemenceau » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:24 pm

Did you not apply to any lower t14s?

Edit: didn't mean to quote op

User avatar
Posts: 2255
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:50 am

Re: Reapplication Decision

Postby RCSOB657 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:28 pm

I think if you believe you can do better with another test, the worst thing you can do is rush life. It may not seem like it, but time is on your side right now. IF you can go a year paying whatever loans you may have accumulated so far, then I think you should retake and wait. YMMV

User avatar
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: Reapplication Decision

Postby xylocarp » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:30 pm

Locked at the request of OP. See unlocked thread here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=246139

Return to “Law School FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests