Academic Misconduct Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Reaper718

New

Academic Misconduct

Post by Reaper718 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:06 am

Hello Again,

I have another question regarding the below statement found on most apps.

"Have you ever been placed on academic probation, warned, suspended, dropped, expelled, or been asked or advised or permitted to withdraw for academic reasons from any post-secondary school, college, university, professional school, or law school?"

Does this mean they want to know if I ever served suspension/detention concerning only scholarly stuff like if I cheated ect?

Or

If I was ever suspended/detention for other reasons?

I was served in house suspension once for a lunch table "food" incident during my 2nd year of high school. That was the first and only time I ever got in trouble in H.S; does that need to be disclosed?

Thoughts?

dpk711

Silver

Re: Academic Misconduct

Post by dpk711 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:11 am

Reaper718 wrote:Hello Again,

"Have you ever been placed on academic probation, warned, suspended, dropped, expelled, or been asked or advised or permitted to withdraw for academic reasons from any post-secondary school, college, university, professional school, or law school?"

Does this mean they want to know if I ever served suspension/detention concerning only scholarly stuff like if I cheated ect?

Or

I was served in house suspension once for a lunch table "food" incident during my 2nd year of high school. That was the first and only time I ever got in trouble in H.S; does that need to be disclosed?

Thoughts?
I assume post-secondary means post-high-school.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:17 am

Lunch room food fights are not academic in nature unless the ammunition included alphabet soup. :D

As presented in your original post, only academic related matters are relevant. Nevertheless, law school application questions differ so some may require reporting your lunch room misconduct.

Calaw112

New

Post by Calaw112 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:37 pm

dpk711 wrote:
Reaper718 wrote:Hello Again,

Or

Thoughts?
I assume post-secondary means post-high-school.
I am sure law schools do not care about high school matters.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”