. Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Geneva

Silver

Post by Geneva » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:56 pm

Last edited by Geneva on Fri May 04, 2012 2:51 am, edited 5 times in total.

franklyscarlet

Gold

Re: Haters Gonna Hate?

Post by franklyscarlet » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:57 pm

What is this I don't even...

Indifferent

Bronze

Post by Indifferent » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:58 pm

Geneva wrote:This is a thread to share our experiences with people that have been negative/jealous/resentful/discouraging/etc. upon learning of our law school acceptances. Although some people are not enthusiastic because they are legitimately concerned for us (let's face it, the legal profession is not looking good right now), there are also people that are negative because THEY WANT WHAT WE HAVE and/or maybe feel that we don't deserve our acceptances.
You're right, we're all just jealous.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:58 pm

Geneva wrote:This is a thread to share our experiences with people that have been negative/jealous/resentful/discouraging/etc. upon learning of our law school acceptances. Although some people are not enthusiastic because they are legitimately concerned for us (let's face it, the legal profession is not looking good right now), there are also people that are negative because THEY WANT WHAT WE HAVE and/or maybe feel that we don't deserve our acceptances.
I have a feeling that the people you know IRL have plenty of other reasons to dislike you.

Geneva

Silver

Post by Geneva » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:03 pm

3|ink wrote:
I have a feeling that the people you know IRL have plenty of other reasons to dislike you.
haha wow. this was supposed to be a place for people to support each other.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

franklyscarlet

Gold

Post by franklyscarlet » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:05 pm

Geneva wrote:
3|ink wrote:
No sweetie. This was a place for you to brag. And hey, go ahead, get down with your bad self. But don't disguise it.

(Edit for apparently autocorrect is making up words today)
Last edited by franklyscarlet on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ludo!

Gold

Post by Ludo! » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:05 pm

I think this thread should be where you post of examples of people hating on you because they're jealous of your law school acceptance. Who would be negative about someone going to Stanford?

Geneva

Silver

Post by Geneva » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:07 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
Geneva wrote:
3|ink wrote:
No sweetie. This was a place for you to brag. What'd hey, go ahead, get down with your bad self. But don't disguise it.
that is not even true. before i got into any law school, people started sending me articles about the economy/what a mistake it was to go to law school/how miserable lawyers are, etc. i guess it was dense of me to post this on here, all things considered...but i actually meant for it to be a place that is the opposite of the ding bar (which i love).

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:10 pm

Geneva wrote: that is not even true. before i got into any law school, people started sending me articles about the economy/what a mistake it was to go to law school/how miserable lawyers are, etc. i guess it was dense of me to post this on here, all things considered...but i actually meant for it to be a place that is the opposite of the ding bar (which i love).
People who told you law school would be a bad investment are now jealous that you are going to law school?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kwais

Gold

Post by kwais » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:10 pm

3|ink wrote:
+1 Given this thread, I assure you, it's not the law school acceptances honey

aekea

Bronze

Post by aekea » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:12 pm

Geneva wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:
Geneva wrote:
No sweetie. This was a place for you to brag. What'd hey, go ahead, get down with your bad self. But don't disguise it.
that is not even true. before i got into any law school, people started sending me articles about the economy/what a mistake it was to go to law school/how miserable lawyers are, etc. i guess it was dense of me to post this on here, all things considered...but i actually meant for it to be a place that is the opposite of the ding bar (which i love).
Wouldn't the opposite of the ding bar be somewhere for you to brag?

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:13 pm

Don't worry Geneva, I understood where you were coming from, but as you can see TLS is not the site that is the most receptive to such statements.

Good luck in law school though! :D

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:17 pm

Yeah, it's probably bc your posts are generally pretty miserable.

Also, I love me some BearsGrl posts.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Samara

Gold

Post by Samara » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:18 pm

BearsGrl wrote:Don't worry Geneva, I understood where you were coming from, but as you can see TLS is not the site that is the most receptive to such statements.

Yeah, it's too bad TLS isn't receptive to validating a smug sense of superiority. You might try this place. I hear it's all rainbows, butterflies, and self-esteem building exercises over there.

Ludo!

Gold

Post by Ludo! » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:18 pm

BearsGrl wrote:Don't worry Geneva, I understood where you were coming from, but as you can see TLS is not the site that is the most receptive to such statements.

Tell us what law school you are going to so we can be jealous

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:19 pm

Samara wrote:

Yeah, it's too bad TLS isn't receptive to validating a smug sense of superiority. You might try this place. I hear it's all rainbows, butterflies, and self-esteem building exercises over there.
Actually, TLS is receptive to validating a smug sense of superiority. That's the selling point to the site. That's the niche.

FishOil

New

Post by FishOil » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:22 pm

--ImageRemoved--

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

kwais

Gold

Post by kwais » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:22 pm

Bearsgrl 2012

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:17 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
Samara wrote:

Actually, TLS is receptive to validating a smug sense of superiority. That's the selling point to the site. That's the niche.
Assumption.

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:19 pm

kwais wrote: Philosopher King/Bearsgrl 2012
Added a little something to spice up the top and bottom of the ticket.

kwais

Gold

Post by kwais » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:20 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:
these two mavericks have my vote

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

laxbrah420

Gold

Post by laxbrah420 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:22 pm

Geneva, I like that you made this thread. In real life, people have been mean to me and hating on me. Have you had any success in dealing with haters?
Last edited by laxbrah420 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:22 pm

kwais wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:
I'm cool with a Tom Cruise reference.

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:23 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
kwais wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:
I'm cool with a Tom Cruise reference.
Wrong maverick reference.

Ludo!

Gold

Post by Ludo! » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:24 pm

Besides if we were gonna reference Tom Cruise movies with regards to you it would be Rain Man

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”