American Law School Question

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
powken

American Law School Question

Postby powken » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:53 pm

I was looking at their website and could find references to their personal statement and it's length, but nowhere could I find the topic of the personal statement or what applicants are suppose to right about. Any help on where it might be?

Geat27

Re: American Law School Question

Postby Geat27 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:48 am

This law school is probably asking for an open-ended personal statement. That is, you should write an essay that explains an important part of your character, or describes an important experience that you have had, and explicates its significance.

mimi82

Re: American Law School Question

Postby mimi82 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:44 am

I applied to American and was waitlisted. Their is nothing specific that you are to write about. For mine I wrote about what type of law I was interested in, why I'm in interested in this type of law, and provided work and personal experiences that helped me make that decision. I'm about 99% sure my PS was the reason I was waitlisted and not rejected because my LSAT number was waaayyyy below their median. So make sure to really take the time to write your statement. American is one of those schools that look at your entire application and not just numbers.

Return to “Law School FAQ”