Winter Break School Gym Access

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)

Is your school gym open during the break?

Yes
5
50%
No
5
50%
 
Total votes: 10

User avatar
Lawquacious
Posts: 2037
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:36 am

Winter Break School Gym Access

Postby Lawquacious » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:52 pm

My school gym is closed for the entire winter break. This is contributing to my stir-craziness. Is this a common scenario, or do most law students have access to the school gym over winter break?

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18425
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Winter Break School Gym Access

Postby bk1 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:05 pm

Lawquacious wrote:My school gym is closed for the entire winter break. This is contributing to my stir-craziness. Is this a common scenario, or do most law students have access to the school gym over winter break?


Considering most law schools don't have their own gym, I'd say this is pretty common.

User avatar
MBZags
Posts: 552
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:21 pm

Re: Winter Break School Gym Access

Postby MBZags » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:28 pm

The main gym on campus is closed, but the smaller one has been open over break.

User avatar
Lawquacious
Posts: 2037
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:36 am

Re: Winter Break School Gym Access

Postby Lawquacious » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:29 pm

bk1 wrote:
Lawquacious wrote:My school gym is closed for the entire winter break. This is contributing to my stir-craziness. Is this a common scenario, or do most law students have access to the school gym over winter break?


Considering most law schools don't have their own gym, I'd say this is pretty common.


My law school doesn't have its own gym either- what I am asking is whether the school (i.e. university) gym is closed over the break. I think most law students do have access to a school gym, but am not sure if most other schools close the gym during the winter break.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18425
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Winter Break School Gym Access

Postby bk1 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:32 pm

Lawquacious wrote:My law school doesn't have its own gym either- what I am asking is whether the school (i.e. university) gym is closed over the break. I think most law students do have access to a school gym, but am not sure if most other schools close the gym during the winter break.


I meant that I think most school gyms being closed over break is common.

Considering they shut down almost everything else, paying people to work over break just doesn't make sense for the most part.

User avatar
Lawquacious
Posts: 2037
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:36 am

Re: Winter Break School Gym Access

Postby Lawquacious » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:33 pm

MBZags wrote:The main gym on campus is closed, but the smaller one has been open over break.


Thanks for the feedback. Maybe schools closing their gyms over break is fairly common. I wish I had an alternative provided like you though. It sounds like there is some cardio class offering for the break at another location but not an actual alternative gym to use. I def hope not to be in this same position next year because working out is really important to me and I don't want to pay a monthly membership for somewhere outside of school (I'm hoping to maybe have a shot at transferring which is part of why I'm wondering if this is a problem I would be likely to encounter elsewhere).




Return to “Law School FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests