LOR Issue

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
JDHopeful

LOR Issue

Postby JDHopeful » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:30 am

My most important recommender told me that he would be sending my LOR to LSAC yesterday. I asked him to fax in addition to mailing. I have not received the LSAC confirmation as of yet. I know that this sounds crazy, but when I had my other recommenders fax their letters (3, to be exact did it this way), it was posted within twelve hours of being sent.

So, I suspect that my recommender has not yet sent it, or has overlooked the email that I sent him the other day requesting that he fax it in addition to mailing it, and he has in fact, only mailed the letter. I need this letter to be posted to my account before the weekend, because I want to have my apps all finished this weekend.

That said, what do you think I should do? We’ve primarily corresponded via email, so maybe I should email him? Though, he did call me for a short clarifying question yesterday, so maybe I should call to confirm? Or maybe I should just be patient and just wait? What do you all think I should do?

Also, more importantly, how late am I if I don’t get my apps submitted by next week? How late am I currently?

Thanks!

tourdeforcex

Re: LOR Issue

Postby tourdeforcex » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:51 am

if he's a relatively chill dude, call him up and be nice and explain that you haven't seen the LOR posted and you want to check whether it's on the LSAC end or... his end. i'd lean toward calling.

you're not particularly late. just not early. unless you're trying to ED.

Return to “Law School FAQ”