LSAT Misconduct and Irregularities Notice

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)

Re: LSAT Misconduct and Irregularities Notice

Postby nStiver » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:11 am

the_wanksta36 wrote:After reading this post, it kinda sounds like you are making a bunch of excuses. You shouldn't have gone outside. That is clearly stated in the rules. The proctors are not there to hold your hand through this process and they can't be responsible for this. I hope your score is delayed, due to this display of immaturity, or that they cancel your score altogether and force you to retake it this December--when your chances of gaining acceptance are minimal.

Oh my god could you be any more negative and nannyish? Leave the damn dude alone and stay out of normal people's business.

Postby lornarose07 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:48 am

You were written up because the proctors are obligated to write up everything they see that may violate test protocol and then they let LSAC deal with it. People get written up all the time for taking a sip out of their water bottle or getting up from their seat before they were acknowledged by the proctor. I highly doubt they're going to cancel your test results because you were misled by the false instructions provided by the test administrator.

Completely without realizing what the heck I was doing, I took a sip out of my water bottle on the 4th section (forgot to put under the seat!) and the bottle made a loud "popping" sound, which made the proctor look up at me. I quickly shoved the bottle under my seat. No notice of misconduct, but I was SO scared I was going to get one.

Postby edubs003 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:32 pm

So, no hold was put on my file and I got my score back last Friday. Seems like they did nothing with the complaint and Misconduct notice.

Postby lakers3peat » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:59 pm

i just found out from the test center I was at today that they don't permit anyone to leave the inside of the building, even for a smoke.

i'm not even a huge smoker, but during these stressful LSAT days and surely during the break, I had planned to go have a cig.. now I forsee myself being in the same predicament you are in... I have to evaluate whether or not its worth risking a misconduct by stepping outside for a cig, which it probably isnt. i'll probably just get a can of snuff and snort that shit LMFAO!

people are such nazis about smoking nowadays... even if you are a non smoker, give me a break man.. being confined inside of an indoors setting for such an elongated period of time isn't natural. i would die to go outside for a little fresh air during the break.

Postby TTH » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:33 pm

Moral of the story: Throw a dip in before taking the LSAT

Return to “Law School FAQ”