E&E's... Does the edition matter? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
ram jam

Bronze

E&E's... Does the edition matter?

Post by ram jam » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:21 am

How different are the editions of the E&Es. Is it necessary to buy the 5th edition? Can I get by with the 3rd edition?

Thanks!

jennylynn

Bronze

Re: E&E's... Does the edition matter?

Post by jennylynn » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:59 pm

I would buy new or the next oldest edition. The further back you go, the more stuff could have changed/improved. But that's just me. :)

VandyTakingQuestions

New

Post by VandyTakingQuestions » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:03 pm

It depends on the subject and depth of the class. For example, in Torts, Contracts & CrimLaw it might not matter as much because most of the concepts are well established. ConLaw and CivPro have had a lot of important developments recently though.

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:25 pm

VandyTakingQuestions wrote:It depends on the subject and depth of the class. For example, in Torts, Contracts & CrimLaw it might not matter as much because most of the concepts are well established. ConLaw and CivPro have had a lot of important developments recently though.
this is correct

but most recommend Chemerinsky over E&E for Conlaw

VandyTakingQuestions

New

Post by VandyTakingQuestions » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:30 pm

General Tso wrote:
VandyTakingQuestions wrote:It depends on the subject and depth of the class. For example, in Torts, Contracts & CrimLaw it might not matter as much because most of the concepts are well established. ConLaw and CivPro have had a lot of important developments recently though.
this is correct

but most recommend Chemerinsky over E&E for Conlaw
Credited. I barely cracked my ConLaw E&E, Chemerinsky was all I needed. Just trying to give illustrate that some 1L courses have changed a lot recently and others haven't.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”