What is the biggest 1L time suck?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
User avatar
rosco
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:52 pm

What is the biggest 1L time suck?

Postby rosco » Tue May 04, 2010 12:50 am

So for all of you who just finished that first year of LS, what (besides TLS) is a huge waist of study time?

User avatar
futurelawyer413
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:15 pm

Re: What is the biggest 1L time suck?

Postby futurelawyer413 » Tue May 04, 2010 12:52 am

I would also like to hear thoughts on this as well!

270910
Posts: 2437
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: What is the biggest 1L time suck?

Postby 270910 » Tue May 04, 2010 12:57 am

huh?

I spent an awful long time learning the law. Then there was this CRAZY part where I practiced applying it. After that we had some exams and some liquor.

User avatar
truthypants
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:50 am

Re: What is the biggest 1L time suck?

Postby truthypants » Tue May 04, 2010 1:00 am

that would be the legal writing class-having papers due almost every week sucked

User avatar
Daico
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:19 pm

Re: What is the biggest 1L time suck?

Postby Daico » Tue May 04, 2010 1:01 am

Most classes.

Renzo
Posts: 4265
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:23 am

Re: What is the biggest 1L time suck?

Postby Renzo » Tue May 04, 2010 1:03 am

reading cases.

Fark-o-vision
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:41 pm

Re: What is the biggest 1L time suck?

Postby Fark-o-vision » Tue May 04, 2010 1:04 am

I think OP might have been looking for those things which law students do instead of studying. I may be wrong, though.

User avatar
Kohinoor
Posts: 2756
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: What is the biggest 1L time suck?

Postby Kohinoor » Tue May 04, 2010 1:04 am

rosco wrote:So for all of you who just finished that first year of LS, what (besides TLS) is a huge [strike]waist[/strike]waste of study time?

Being catty towards people who spell words the way that they sound.

mwazaumoja
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:40 pm

Re: What is the biggest 1L time suck?

Postby mwazaumoja » Tue May 04, 2010 1:35 am

Facebook was the biggest waste of time.

Reading cases isn't unequivocally a bad idea, if you're going to outline the substantive law, and synthesize substantive principles all night then maybe reading cases is a bad idea. If you're merely trying to learn doctrine slowly, and follow the teacher in class then reading cases makes plenty of sense.

User avatar
General Tso
Posts: 2289
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:51 pm

Re: What is the biggest 1L time suck?

Postby General Tso » Tue May 04, 2010 1:37 am

for me it was probably moot court....practices, 30 page brief, etc.

sophie316
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:08 pm

Re: What is the biggest 1L time suck?

Postby sophie316 » Tue May 04, 2010 1:58 am

Complaining about law school/law students

User avatar
rockchalk86
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:16 am

Re: What is the biggest 1L time suck?

Postby rockchalk86 » Tue May 04, 2010 10:26 am

I'm still a 0L but I know my biggest time suck will be Smash Bros on N64

User avatar
Grad_Student
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:20 am

Re: What is the biggest 1L time suck?

Postby Grad_Student » Wed May 05, 2010 4:00 pm

Memos/LRW and reading cases (but do it it's worth it most of the time)

User avatar
dibs
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: What is the biggest 1L time suck?

Postby dibs » Wed May 05, 2010 4:08 pm

rockchalk86 wrote:I'm still a 0L but I know my biggest time suck will be Smash Bros on N64


for me it will be starcraft2. i guarantee it.

Fark-o-vision
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:41 pm

Re: What is the biggest 1L time suck?

Postby Fark-o-vision » Thu May 06, 2010 2:21 am

Banging models. I can't help who I am.

User avatar
Mickey Quicknumbers
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: What is the biggest 1L time suck?

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Thu May 06, 2010 4:39 am

rockchalk86 wrote:I'm still a 0L but I know my biggest time suck will be Smash Bros on N64


I hope we go to the same school so I can destroy you with pikachu

edit: or just laugh at you when you roll into my Luigi fire punch over and over again

User avatar
A'nold
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: What is the biggest 1L time suck?

Postby A'nold » Thu May 06, 2010 5:24 am

adh07d wrote:
rockchalk86 wrote:I'm still a 0L but I know my biggest time suck will be Smash Bros on N64


I hope we go to the same school so I can destroy you with pikachu

edit: or just laugh at you when you roll into my Luigi fire punch over and over again


TCR is me, beating all of your asses hardcore w/ Link on Smash Brothers Game Cube.

User avatar
JG Hall
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:18 pm

Re: What is the biggest 1L time suck?

Postby JG Hall » Thu May 06, 2010 6:07 am

.
Last edited by JG Hall on Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Texan09
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:06 pm

Re: What is the biggest 1L time suck?

Postby Texan09 » Thu May 06, 2010 6:47 am

dibs wrote:
rockchalk86 wrote:I'm still a 0L but I know my biggest time suck will be Smash Bros on N64


for me it will be starcraft2. i guarantee it.


+1000

If I fail out of law school because of SC2 I am gonna move to Korea and try to turn it into a career.... always good to have a fall back plan.

User avatar
Mickey Quicknumbers
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: What is the biggest 1L time suck?

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Thu May 06, 2010 4:00 pm

A'nold wrote:
adh07d wrote:
rockchalk86 wrote:I'm still a 0L but I know my biggest time suck will be Smash Bros on N64


I hope we go to the same school so I can destroy you with pikachu

edit: or just laugh at you when you roll into my Luigi fire punch over and over again


TCR is me, beating all of your asses hardcore w/ Link on Smash Brothers Game Cube.


lolz, thanks, but your recovery B-up is miserable, not to mention fox and falcon can just deflect your projectiles and sheik can run laps around you.

User avatar
A'nold
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: What is the biggest 1L time suck?

Postby A'nold » Thu May 06, 2010 4:05 pm

adh07d wrote:
A'nold wrote:
adh07d wrote:
rockchalk86 wrote:I'm still a 0L but I know my biggest time suck will be Smash Bros on N64


I hope we go to the same school so I can destroy you with pikachu

edit: or just laugh at you when you roll into my Luigi fire punch over and over again


TCR is me, beating all of your asses hardcore w/ Link on Smash Brothers Game Cube.


lolz, thanks, but your recovery B-up is miserable, not to mention fox and falcon can just deflect your projectiles and sheik can run laps around you.


B-up is only used when you foolishly try an elongated attack on me, I easily block it, and your % is over 100. If not, I will grab you with my chain (for which there is not defense), throw you up into the air, and drive my sword into your a-hole. Then, I will unleash about 10 sword swipes in rapid fashion all the while jumping back and forth around you with R-over.

cubswin
Posts: 618
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 4:40 pm

Re: What is the biggest 1L time suck?

Postby cubswin » Thu May 06, 2010 4:07 pm

Kohinoor wrote:
rosco wrote:So for all of you who just finished that first year of LS, what (besides TLS) is a huge [strike]waist[/strike]waste of study time?

Being catty towards people who spell words the way that they sound.

:D

User avatar
trialjunky
Posts: 928
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:41 am

Re: What is the biggest 1L time suck?

Postby trialjunky » Thu May 06, 2010 4:21 pm

adh07d wrote:
rockchalk86 wrote:I'm still a 0L but I know my biggest time suck will be Smash Bros on N64


I hope we go to the same school so I can destroy you with pikachu

edit: or just laugh at you when you roll into my Luigi fire punch over and over again


pika.Pika..PIKACHU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Image

User avatar
Mickey Quicknumbers
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: What is the biggest 1L time suck?

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Thu May 06, 2010 4:22 pm

A'nold wrote:
B-up is only used when you foolishly try an elongated attack on me, I easily block it, and your % is over 100. If not, I will grab you with my chain (for which there is not defense), throw you up into the air, and drive my sword into your a-hole. Then, I will unleash about 10 sword swipes in rapid fashion all the while jumping back and forth around you with R-over.


Ha! no defense for a chain grab? I can roll past your chain, make a cup of tea while you recover, and still have time for my smash double kick off the edge . . . for which your B-up will be insufficient to get you back on, and you won't be able to grab the edge because i'll time hanging on it and watch you fall to your death.

User avatar
underachiever
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:09 pm

Re: What is the biggest 1L time suck?

Postby underachiever » Thu May 06, 2010 4:26 pm

disco_barred wrote:huh?

I spent an awful long time learning the law. Then there was this CRAZY part where I practiced applying it. After that we had some exams and some liquor.


+1....sleeping, worrying, reading TLS, eating, crying....general life cycle of a 1L




Return to “Law School FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest