Admitted Students Page
- Deadline to submit forms: March 16, 2014.
- To apply for merit-based aid, need-based aid, and federal loans, you must submit the Financial Aid Information Sheet available on this page in January.
- To be eligible to receive federal loans, you must submit the FAFSA and a copy of your 2014 tax returns.
- To be eligible for need-based aid, you must also submit the Need Access report and submit a copy of your parents' tax returns.
- FAFSA and Need Access will be available January 1st.
Admitted Students Weekend and Deposit Deadline Information:
- ASW Dates: March 20 and April 17.
- Description and Schedule
- RSVP Form
- Travel Subsidy Form
- Seat deposit deadlines TBA.
To Do List (You don't have to worry about most of this until April)
- If you have not yet received your NetID, you may login using your e-mail address in order to track your progress.
- Deadlines are not strict, but your health forms should be processed by August 9th or else you may be charge a $100 fine
- For the health forms, the physical is not required.
- If you do not submit a photo for your student ID, one will be taken at orientation.
- After receiving your NetID, you may find your Cornell ID # and activate your Cornell e-mail here. (E-mail login located here.)
- Can sign up for gym membership.
- All students must submit undergraduate transcripts and the dean's certification directly to the law school before matriculating.
- Deadline to waive student health insurance plan is September 30th.
- Links to pretty much everything: Blackboard, Practice Exams, Symplicity, etc.
- Cornell Law version of craigslist. Buy/sell books, used items, graduation tickets, sublets, etc.
- Cornell's housing site
- Collegetown Terrace
- Ithaca Renting
- PJ Apartments
- Certified Properties
- Moll Properties
- 312 College Ave
- You will find many people looking for roommates in the facebook group.
- Patfeeney's guide to living in Ithaca
- 2-6 people per suite.
- Fill out application online in the housing portal.
- Furnishings provided.
- For laundry, you may add money to your ID card here.
- Can ship belongings to your dorm in advance with Big Red Shipping.
- Move-in begins 9AM the Saturday before Orientation.
- May move in earlier if invited to AOP.
Academic Orientation Program
- In mid-July, most students who submitted a diversity statement with their application will be invited to attend AOP.
- If you would like to attend but did not receive an e-mail, you can try contacting admissions and telling them you wrote a diversity statement but didn't get invited to AOP. Or you can contact Sheri Johnson directly.
- Begins Monday, August 17th. Involves week-long mock class; establishes welcoming environment.
- Historical justification
- Bear Necessities has a limited selection of law school apparel.
- The Cornell Store has one law school t-shirt and--of course--plenty of generic Cornell merchandise.
- For good deals on used textbooks, check out Kraftees.
- Note: if you wait until a few days before orientation, your cmail account will be flooded with e-mails from current students offering to sell you their used books and supplements at very low prices.
- Meal plans.
- Mischief's review of food places near the school.
- Law School Cafeteria. Biggest complaint is $10 minimum for credit cards.
- Can buy food at Wegmans. (Store map).
- Or visit the Farmer's Market.
- Some people use Rosie to order groceries online from P&C.
- Some tourist website. Has list of hotels. If you're flying into the Tompkins regional airport, you will probably want to book a hotel with free shuttle service to and from the airport.
- Campus to Campus bus service provides transport to and from NYC for $165 round-trip.
- Shortline and Greyhound are less luxurious, but cheaper.
- For getting around Ithaca, TCAT bus is free for all new-to-Cornell students for the first year.
- Ithaca also has a Carshare program you may wish to use in lieu of bringing your own car.
- Cornell commuting webpage.
- Ithaca Dispatch (taxi service).
- You can ask current students in the taking questions thread.
- You can read evaluations of professors on clsevals. Not affiliated with Cornell Law School or Cornell Law Students Association, although we will be releasing a new version of this in the Spring.
Banner credit: xylocarp